Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Soccer Jerseys BKK

Soccer Jerseys BKK

Old Jan 14, 19, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, B6, Hilton, Marriott
Soccer Jerseys BKK

I'm an avid soccer (football) fan, as well as my friends. I have a few days in Bangkok and wanted to know if anybody had insight on where I could get cheap soccer jerseys for myself and my friends. I am talking about the ones that'll cost ~10$ each? I have read a little on the internet and seems the best location would be near the national stadium, but obviously that is pretty general.
Old Jan 14, 19, 1:23 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Get off at National Stadium BTS then keep walking a few blocks.
Otherwise I know there is a store right underneath the Nana BTS. Looks small, mostly muay thai stuff on display outside, but there's a 2nd floor of football jerseys.

Another idea is to head to one of the big markets. Rot Fai Srinakarin has vintage jerseys coming out of their ....
Old Jan 14, 19, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mah Boon Krong (MBK)

I'd probably just order on Lazada, COD, delivery to my hotel? https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=football%20jersey

But if you enjoy the hunt try MBK or Pratunam, or any night market.

I think the references to National Stadium are to use Exit #2 (Skytrain/BTS, the terminus of the Silom line) , walk west on Rama I road a few meters then turn left down Chula 5, or go a bit further and turn left down Banthat Thong Road.

https://goo.gl/maps/rYKkvqmogYs

Use Streetview to "walk" the street. Seems like a couple of dozen shops? The Lazada link gives you a feel for local pricing, but shops will be, understandably 10% - 25% higher, so don't be put off. These same shops may be selling on Lazada too so sometimes you can figure out the shop via the Lazada description.

Last edited by transpac; Jan 14, 19 at 5:43 pm
Old Jan 14, 19, 5:30 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Sukhumvit or Patpong night markets but do haggle
Old Jan 20, 19, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Frontier 50K elite, EY silver, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, AA/UA (and CO,NW) once gold now dirt.
U.S. customs probably won't be so bad about it, but I wouldn't want to head to the UK or some country like that with a quantity that was obviously in excess of personal needs. The EPL in particular has been ogre-like about that (like the NFL would be if more countries cared about them). Also team England...if those guys had focused half as much on fielding a decent team as they do on fighting unofficial merchandise then maybe they would have won a World Cup more recently than 1966.
Old Jan 21, 19, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by transpac View Post
Mah Boon Krong (MBK)

I'd probably just order on Lazada, COD, delivery to my hotel? https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=football%20jersey

But if you enjoy the hunt try MBK or Pratunam, or any night market.

I think the references to National Stadium are to use Exit #2 (Skytrain/BTS, the terminus of the Silom line) , walk west on Rama I road a few meters then turn left down Chula 5, or go a bit further and turn left down Banthat Thong Road.

https://goo.gl/maps/rYKkvqmogYs

Use Streetview to "walk" the street. Seems like a couple of dozen shops? The Lazada link gives you a feel for local pricing, but shops will be, understandably 10% - 25% higher, so don't be put off. These same shops may be selling on Lazada too so sometimes you can figure out the shop via the Lazada description.
I would second Mah Boon Krong (MBK)