Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Muay Thai school in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Muay Thai school in BKK?

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for a Muay Thai school in BKK?

I'll be visiting Thailand for the first time in a few months, and would love to do a 5-ish day long training program. I've found a small number of online reviews; two names I've seen come up are Top Fight and Sor Vorapin - but I'd love to hear thoughts from anybody who has any experience at all with the schools, where to stay, etc.

I plan on staying my entire trip in Bangkok - it seems like some of the schools have agreements with hostels or hotels for "train and stay" packages, though I think I'd prefer to book a hotel separately, since I don't want to train the whole time I'm there.

Experience wise I have about 5 years martial arts experience (mostly in Krav and a bit of JKD), and spar somewhat regularly. I'm not looking to compete or anything like that, but I don't want a daintied up "kickboxing for tourists" experience either.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd search/ask on thaivisa.

muay thai training bangkok site:thaivisa.com

And there must be MA specific forums where you'll get a decent recommendation?

There's Dutch guy, who was a world champ back in the day, who operates a respected training facility on Samui. But no clue if that's still going.

You'll have to sort through the chaff as many use these "schools" for the Education Visa loophole.
Presguy likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:46 am

I would actually recommend reddit for this question.
Presguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.