Wiki Posts
Search

Krabi/Koh Lanta Hotel Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Krabi/Koh Lanta Hotel Suggestions

Just booked flights for April next year. We will be spending 3 nights in Bangkok and 6 nights in Krabi Province. Looking for hotel suggestions that combine great beach, quiet location but close to restaurants. So far I am considering Dusit Thani and Layana.

Open to others so can anyone recommmend any?

Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Went to Layana when it was pretty new back in 2006 and it was fantastic. Going back this October, albeit at a much, much higher price now that it's established and has a good reputation... It looks like they've managed to maintain the service and quietness and relaxed nature that I enjoyed so much first time round.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Horatio
Went to Layana when it was pretty new back in 2006 and it was fantastic. Going back this October, albeit at a much, much higher price now that it's established and has a good reputation... It looks like they've managed to maintain the service and quietness and relaxed nature that I enjoyed so much first time round.
Thanks for the reply. It does look very nice and is currently number one at the moment. Is it close to other restaurants/shops etc?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by MattHall

Thanks for the reply. It does look very nice and is currently number one at the moment. Is it close to other restaurants/shops etc?
Sorry for the slow reply. There wasn't a long going on when I was there before, but then that was shoulder season and a couple of years post tsunami. A quick look shows that there is more around, but hard to tell. Either way, I wouldn't expect a range of places within walking distance...Can report back in October if that helps.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:53 am

https://www.travelgeekery.com/koh-la...-things-to-do/

See 3. Perhaps there are more places to eat/drink near Layana now (in season).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
We stayed at Lanta Castaway Beach Resort | A Slice of Tropical Paradise It was good. right on the beach.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Booked Layana. Thanks guys.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:19 pm

On the way there now from Krabi. Will report back
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

On the way there now from Krabi. Will report back
How was it?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by MattHall

How was it?
Excellent - we had a great time. Going out of season it was pretty quiet. Our accommodation was up by the new pool, which we had to ourselves almost the entire week, even though the main pool was moderately busy.

Service was as good as last time and they've tidied up the beach in the past ten years. Very pleasant.

There's a new bar that was to open the week after we left and there is more going than when I went the first time. There are places open further along the beach (bar/cafés etc) and some places on the main drag you can walk to so for six nights you'll be fine. The hotel restaurant terrace runs out into the beach and they can set up a table actually on the beach for you.

Very relaxing and I would highly recommend it. The founders actually sold out to a company a few years back but they've done very well at maintaining the original 'small' feel. Until I got chatting to the Manager I has assumed it was still the original owners.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Excellent - we had a great time. Going out of season it was pretty quiet. Our accommodation was up by the new pool, which we had to ourselves almost the entire week, even though the main pool was moderately busy.

Service was as good as last time and they've tidied up the beach in the past ten years. Very pleasant.

There's a new bar that was to open the week after we left and there is more going than when I went the first time. There are places open further along the beach (bar/cafés etc) and some places on the main drag you can walk to so for six nights you'll be fine. The hotel restaurant terrace runs out into the beach and they can set up a table actually on the beach for you.

Very relaxing and I would highly recommend it. The founders actually sold out to a company a few years back but they've done very well at maintaining the original 'small' feel. Until I got chatting to the Manager I has assumed it was still the original owners.
Thanks for the reply - sounds great, and glad you had another pleasant stay there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.