Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK - 1 Hour International-Domestic Same ticket Connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Post BKK - 1 Hour International-Domestic Same ticket Connection

I'm planning to book a ticket from MAA to ICN via BKK on Thai airways, and I have an option of a 1 hour layover (this happens to be the cheapest ticket). MAA-BKK arrives at around 06:25 AM and BKK-ICN departs at around 07:25 AM

I was wondering if this 1 hour will be enough to make it from one gate to another. I'll be booking the entire journey on one ticket and my bags should be checked in all the way from MAA to ICN, all flights on TG only. Since I'm on transit, I believe I won't have to go through immigration and I will have only my hand luggage.

Will this 1 hour be enough for me to make the connection? I saw from the maps of Suvarnabhumi airport that the arrival & departure are on two different levels, but I don't know how far or how long a walk this will be. I don't really need to do anything in particular during the layover, except a possible toilet break/coffee if there is time.

Thanks in advance for any inputs on whether I will be able to make it in a hour's time to the next flight.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You have an Int > Int connection ... no domestic involved.
60 mins will be fine.
Read post #275 in this thread Minimum connecting time BKK
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Assuming no delays it will be fine. There are plenty of ICN flights for rebooking in the event of problems
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
The two times I did this there was no line to go through the metal detector. It took longer to ride up the escalator than to go through the screening.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Very useful, especially since it seem in case of tight connections, they will send a cart.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by amztourist
I'm planning to book a ticket from MAA to ICN via BKK on Thai airways, and I have an option of a 1 hour layover (this happens to be the cheapest ticket). MAA-BKK arrives at around 06:25 AM and BKK-ICN departs at around 07:25 AM

I was wondering if this 1 hour will be enough to make it from one gate to another. I'll be booking the entire journey on one ticket and my bags should be checked in all the way from MAA to ICN, all flights on TG only. Since I'm on transit, I believe I won't have to go through immigration and I will have only my hand luggage.

Will this 1 hour be enough for me to make the connection? I saw from the maps of Suvarnabhumi airport that the arrival & departure are on two different levels, but I don't know how far or how long a walk this will be. I don't really need to do anything in particular during the layover, except a possible toilet break/coffee if there is time.

Thanks in advance for any inputs on whether I will be able to make it in a hour's time to the next flight.
Were you able to make it? I am considering a CNX to MLE flight via BKK on Bangkok Airways with only 1 hour between flights. This is a bit different than yours since I will be domestic to international. Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

My flight is in November! I'll know only next month. However, I think a domestic to International transfer is quite risky in just 1 hour. You will have to go through immigration.

Edit: Sorry, FT noob, posted without quoting!

Last edited by amztourist; Oct 5, 2018 at 9:15 am Reason: Missed quoting the question
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SantiC
Were you able to make it? I am considering a CNX to MLE flight via BKK on Bangkok Airways with only 1 hour between flights. This is a bit different than yours since I will be domestic to international. Thanks!
My flight is in November! I'll know only next month. However, I think a domestic to International transfer is quite risky in just 1 hour. You will have to go through immigration

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.