Wiki Posts
Search

Phuket airport lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Phuket airport lounges

I'm making my first visit to Phuket. The confusion starts at the airport, which seems to be undergoing a multi-year renovation. I'm flying Scoot from SIN, and trying to figure out what Terminal I'll be using. Somehow, this is a difficult question,as I've seen conflicting information as to which terminal is the "international" one. Does anyone know? And once I figure out my terminal, can anyone comment on the various Coral lounges at the terminals? At Terminal 1, the only lounge seems to be landside. At Terminal 2, there are 2 lounges, both airside. The Priority Pass website would suggest "international" is Terminal 2, which sounds better, but I've seen other websites which say Terminal 1 is international. Sigh.

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me where the rental cars are located?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards
Hi, I can help.
You'll be arriving at the new International Terminal 1.
Coral has an airside arrival lounge in this terminal which can be pre-booked online with them.
There are 2 Coral departure lounges in Terminal 1, both airside. One is for VIP/First Class only. The main one is pretty acceptable.

Hire cars are in the arrivals hall downstairs (ground level) as you come out through customs.

Let me know if any further questions, I use this airport frequently
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seavisionburma
Hi, I can help.
You'll be arriving at the new International Terminal 1.
Coral has an airside arrival lounge in this terminal which can be pre-booked online with them.
There are 2 Coral departure lounges in Terminal 1, both airside. One is for VIP/First Class only. The main one is pretty acceptable.

Hire cars are in the arrivals hall downstairs (ground level) as you come out through customs.

Let me know if any further questions, I use this airport frequently
Thanks. I did use the Coral lounge which is at the end of the Int'l Terminal past gate 11 (bizarrely, you walk outside into the smoking room and then turn right). Not a particularly good lounge:the seating options are limited, with most space taken up by long tables and stools. And the food is pretty bad, but there are some hot entrees if you need a light meal. Still, it's better than waiting elsewhere in the airport, which is massively over-crowded (something that the whole island tends to suffer from). At least immigration processing and security screening is reasonably efficient. We rented from National car rental (a weird licensee of the USA-brand) on a cheapo rate from the Holiday Auto consolidator, and was satisfied by the service. Odd that there's no car rental lot: they just bring your car to the arrivals curb and you deal with the semi-chaos of the situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.