Reload this Page >

Current recommendations - limo service in Bangkok

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current recommendations - limo service in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by dave111
Do you book AOT in advance for BKK pickup or just find desk in airport?
Looking for a minivan ( i assume for 4pax&4bags)
Just head to the desk inside the arrivals area after you pick up your bags.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eltham

Just head to the desk inside the arrivals area after you pick up your bags.
They have a desk at the arrivals area and the baggage claim area.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
They have a desk at the arrivals area and the baggage claim area.
As I posted. Not sure it warranted repetition.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, AoT Limo have a desk at the back of the baggage claim area towards the left of the hall, roughly behind carousels 16/17 (customs Exit C), and then another desk just to the right as you come out of Customs Exit C. I usually pay up in the baggage hall while waiting for bags.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Could you kindly inform what the general cost is for the AOT trip from BKK to a hotel?
Which hotel?

There's a distance based price chart for AOT limo here: Suvarnabhumi Airport Limousine | Bangkok airport limousine (24 hours service) with various kinds of cars

For many hotels, the price will be 1200 for the Camry. Their prices are "all-inclusive".

Ask for the Camry unless you need something larger or just want a fancier vehicle. We tried the Isuzu SUV (cheapest option) one time, and found the seats to be uncomfortably hard and they didn't really have any more luggage space than the Camry. They generally show you a laminated page with the fancier vehicles and pricing first, but if you turn it over, the Camry and Isuzu SUV options are there on the other side.

There's several well marked AOT Limo booths inside the baggage claim area and there's one outside each exit from customs. ("13 service desks ..."). I also tend to use the ones in the baggage claim area.

-David
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Which hotel?

There's a distance based price chart for AOT limo here: Suvarnabhumi Airport Limousine Bangkok airport limousine (24 hours service) with various kinds of cars

For many hotels, the price will be 1200 for the Camry. Their prices are "all-inclusive".

Ask for the Camry unless you need something larger or just want a fancier vehicle. We tried the Isuzu SUV (cheapest option) one time, and found the seats to be uncomfortably hard and they didn't really have any more luggage space than the Camry. They generally show you a laminated page with the fancier vehicles and pricing first, but if you turn it over, the Camry and Isuzu SUV options are there on the other side.

There's several well marked AOT Limo booths inside the baggage claim area and there's one outside each exit from customs. ("13 service desks ..."). I also tend to use the ones in the baggage claim area.

-David
Mahalo, David. I appreciate the link to the AOT website. It is not loading for me now, but I'll check back later.

We are staying at the Peninsula, which quoted some 3000+ BHT for their transport, We will be carrying four pieces of luggage, two rollaboards, and two personal items. I doubt that it would fit in a Camry. Given that the SUVs don't hold anymore, do you have any suggestions?w
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We will be carrying four pieces of luggage, two rollaboards, and two personal items. I doubt that it would fit in a Camry. Given that the SUVs don't hold anymore

I always take the Isuzu MU-7, which is a full-size SUV. I haven't encountered any issues with seat comfort. It will easily accommodate both of you and your luggage. And it seems like it would also fit in a Camry, unless it's a CNG conversion, or Hybrid.

I think you'd use the Laksi/Pin Klao 'area' from the AoT Limo table for The Pen? So 1,250 for the MU-7/X, or 1,500 for the Camry).

I am still under the impression that the AoT limo service does NOT offer return trips, or service from the city to the airport, but maybe that's changed, again?

Last edited by transpac; Feb 18, 2018 at 8:50 pm
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:42 pm

Mahalo, David. I appreciate the link to the AOT website. It is not loading for me now, but I'll check back later.

We are staying at the Peninsula, which quoted some 3000+ BHT for their transport, We will be carrying four pieces of luggage, two rollaboards, and two personal items. I doubt that it would fit in a Camry. Given that the SUVs don't hold anymore, do you have any suggestions?w
The Camry trunk is surprisingly large, and there's also the front seat. We travel with the same, plus a third medium sized checked suitcase plus personal items and have no issues fitting everything in the Camry. It's larger than the relatively small space in the back of the Isuzu. (The Isuzu is comparable to a small SUV, like a Ford Escape or a Toyota RAV4, not a full size SUV like a Ford Explorer. The main difference being lack of a third row of seats and not a huge amount of space behind the rear seat, and yes, relatively hard and uncomfortable bench seats. If you compare to a taxi, I'm sure it's fine, if you compare to a nice Camry, they are not very comfortable. I'm not saying it's terrible, it's just not as nice and comfortable as the very nice late model well maintained Camrys they have, and on top of that they have less space for luggage. I know it seems counterintuitive, but I tried it with the same assumptions that most people have and that experience proved to be the opposite of what I expected. I guess there's a reason they are the cheapest option.)

They do indeed offer return trips. You have to book them at least 24 hours before your return. I generally let the hotel concierge take care of that for us. I also make sure to pay cash for the return trip to make everything easier when booking them separately like that, though you can pay by credit card if you want to. The alternative is to book and pay for both directions at the AOT desk at the airport and have the concierge reconfirm your return trip. There's no discount for booking a round trip, so do whatever is more convenient for you.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 18, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:09 pm

That airport website with the AOT pricing table is very slow to load, if you can get it to load at all.
Here's a screen shot of the pricing table.

Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My bad, I guess I always get an Isuzu MU-7, which is a full-size SUV, the thing is quite massive and accommodates all my bags sufficiently. I just saw an AoT MU-7 in my neighborhood and it is certainly as large as any full-size SUV here (neighbors have Ford Everests and Toyota Fortuners), which are similarly sized.

Maybe AoT is complementing their fleet with Isuzu MU-X's, which are smaller SUVs? Either one should be fine, and the premium for the Camry seems small.

I always assumed they had a ton of SUVs, so charged less for that option?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:10 pm

That airport website with the AOT pricing table is very slow to load, if you can get it to load at all.
Here's a screen shot of the pricing table.

Thanks, LIH Prem. This is very helpful. Did I understand your previous post to say that you fit 2 full-size, 1 medium size, 2 carryons, and 2 personal items, and 2 persons into a Camry?

Originally Posted by transpac
My bad, I guess I always get an Isuzu MU-7, which is a full-size SUV, the thing is quite massive and accommodates all my bags sufficiently. I just saw an AoT MU-7 in my neighborhood and it is certainly as large as any full-size SUV here (neighbors have Ford Everests and Toyota Fortuners), which are similarly sized.

Maybe AoT is complementing their fleet with Isuzu MU-X's, which are smaller SUVs? Either one should be fine, and the premium for the Camry seems small.

I always assumed they had a ton of SUVs, so charged less for that option?
Thanks, transpac! How do you end up with the Mu-7s vs the MU-Xs?

Also, I looked at Google Maps to try to determine the neighborhood and thus the comparable price. Unsuccessful. Can anyone help out?

Appreciate it all!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lucky? I've never seen an AoT Isuzu Mu-X, I got a bit confused.

Also, I looked at Google Maps to try to determine the neighborhood and thus the comparable price. Unsuccessful. Can anyone help out?

Answered in post #22 , or at least my best guess...

"I think you'd use the Laksi/Pin Klao 'area' from the AoT Limo table for The Pen? So 1,250 for the MU-7/X, or 1,500 for the Camry."

Either can accommodate you, just take the Camry and enjoy the comfort.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:29 pm

Thanks, LIH Prem. This is very helpful. Did I understand your previous post to say that you fit 2 full-size, 1 medium size, 2 carryons, and 2 personal items, and 2 persons into a Camry?
2 rollaboards carry-on size (22"), one medium (26") wheeled suitcase, 2 personal items (laptop bag, tote), purse, shopping bags, etc, 2 people.

Maybe they switched from the smaller Isuzu to the larger one since I did it. Not sure. It's been a while. transpac, how many rows if seats did yours have?

-David
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:42 pm

2 rollaboards carry-on size (22"), one medium (26") wheeled suitcase, 2 personal items (laptop bag, tote), purse, shopping bags, etc, 2 people.

Maybe they switched from the smaller Isuzu to the larger one since I did it. Not sure. It's been a while. transpac, how many rows if seats did yours have?

-David
Thanks. We have more than that.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by transpac

Lucky? I've never seen an AoT Isuzu Mu-X, I got a bit confused.

Answered in post #22 , or at least my best guess...

"I think you'd use the Laksi/Pin Klao 'area' from the AoT Limo table for The Pen? So 1,250 for the MU-7/X, or 1,500 for the Camry."

Either can accommodate you, just take the Camry and enjoy the comfort.
Oops. Multi-tasking does me in again.
I appreciate you hanging in with me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.