Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current recommendations - limo service in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Current recommendations - limo service in Bangkok

I've done a search but can't find much in the way of current/recent recommendations for car/limo services in Bangkok.

Will be there later this month and need to book several trips, to/from BKK to Bangkok centre, and also BKK to Ban Phe pier (for Ko Samed).

I remember using Limousine Thailand/Limousine Express but that was going back a few years now.

I'd appreciate recommendations for good quality/reliable services. And/or if I've not been searching using the right parameters then just tell me! Many thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by London_traveller
I've done a search but can't find much in the way of current/recent recommendations for car/limo services in Bangkok.

Will be there later this month and need to book several trips, to/from BKK to Bangkok centre, and also BKK to Ban Phe pier (for Ko Samed).

I remember using Limousine Thailand/Limousine Express but that was going back a few years now.

I'd appreciate recommendations for good quality/reliable services. And/or if I've not been searching using the right parameters then just tell me! Many thanks.
AOT is easy and at the airport. Not the cheapest, but for the saving over someone like Thai Transfer I would recommend AOT. Thai Transfer meets you in the terminal but then makes you walk to the car park, and refuses to take toll roads.

There are other companies like you mention. Some combine limo transport with meet and greet services (including expedited immigration). May be worth considering if you are not otherwise eligible.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by London_traveller

Were you able to find good transportation options? What would you recommend? What was the cost?

Many thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
AOT is easy and at the airport. Not the cheapest, but for the saving over someone like Thai Transfer I would recommend AOT. Thai Transfer meets you in the terminal but then makes you walk to the car park, and refuses to take toll roads.

There are other companies like you mention. Some combine limo transport with meet and greet services (including expedited immigration). May be worth considering if you are not otherwise eligible.
Could you kindly inform what the general cost is for the AOT trip from BKK to a hotel?

Would you have a Meet/Greet with expedited immigration service you would recommend? I'm flying in J with Asiana, but not sure they will provide a fast-track.

Thank you.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I used the Blacklane app to set up a ride from BKK to the Conrad. I was met after immigration at the meeting point with my name on a sign. The man took my bag and we went out front to meet the car. It was an E Class. Great ride. Used it to get back to BKK a week later. It was not cheap. I paid around $70 each way. I probably could have gotten a better deal with AOT, but I didn't know about them and it was my first time visit.

Showing up at the hotel in a black E class definitely gets you an impression upon arrival and it was a great way to start a great Bangkok trip.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Showing up in a limo makes no difference whatsoever at Bangkok hotels. AOT has a range of cars from around Thb1200 to 2000 IIRC.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by 747FC
Could you kindly inform what the general cost is for the AOT trip from BKK to a hotel?

Would you have a Meet/Greet with expedited immigration service you would recommend? I'm flying in J with Asiana, but not sure they will provide a fast-track.

Thank you.
AOT starts at 950 for an SUV, about 100 more for a Camry. They never seem to want to sell you the SUV but it's perfectly good for me (new, air conditioned, seat belts etc etc).

Meet and greet services charge for the meeting and greeting, then the limo on top. Bangkok flight services charge 900 for the meet and greet, or 1650 for the golf cart on arrival. Then add to AOT charge. https://www.bangkokflightservices.co...port-services/

Other service providers are pretty much in the same ball parrk (~900-1000 to meet you, then 1000-1200 for the car), for example this provider: https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I used the Blacklane app to set up a ride from BKK to the Conrad. I was met after immigration at the meeting point with my name on a sign. The man took my bag and we went out front to meet the car. It was an E Class. Great ride. Used it to get back to BKK a week later. It was not cheap. I paid around $70 each way. I probably could have gotten a better deal with AOT, but I didn't know about them and it was my first time visit.
When I want a nicer ride than the ARL or a taxi (i.e., when I've been traveling for 24+ hours straight and have more than one full size bag), I use the SGS limo service (for hotel guests, obviously). THB 2,300 (USD $73 at current exchange rate) for a new E class Mercedes. Cold drinks, WiFi, newspapers, and cold, moist towels in the car. You can check-in during the ride to the hotel, too, enabling one to go directly to the room on arrival. If you want an S class Mercedes, the rate is THB 2,800, around USD $88. Prices apply to both DMK and BKK.

Showing up at the hotel in a black E class definitely gets you an impression upon arrival and it was a great way to start a great Bangkok trip.
As Eltham pointed out, arrival in a nicer car doesn't change the quality of your reception at any of the nicer hotels in Bangkok, including the Conrad.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH

As Eltham pointed out, arrival in a nicer car doesn't change the quality of your reception at any of the nicer hotels in Bangkok, including the Conrad.
YMMV. Not sure how anyone could quantify that. Maybe it just put me in a better mood.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: most of them
I've always had good service from S&P Limousine. As a return customer I get a little bit of a discount, but I think their rates to/from the airport are generally in line with AOT...somewhere around 950 baht I believe for a good sized sedan (Camry/Teana/etc).
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
YMMV. Not sure how anyone could quantify that. Maybe it just put me in a better mood.
I’ve arrived in everything from a private Suzuki Swift to luxury limos - always welcomed “home” at the top end hotels.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Maybe it just put me in a better mood.
Absolutely! In terms of the reception, any reception by front door staff which is even a tiny bit less than welcoming, and which fails to convey how happy they are to see you is a failure, IMO. First, this is the hospitality industry. Second, The front door staff is the hotel's first opportunity to make an impression on arriving guests. Management should take great care to see that front door reception is flawless, every time.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:17 pm

The reception was very nice. Definitely something I have never really experienced before. The Conrad Bangkok is a polished hotel. Glad to read that many posters are used to that upon arrival. Sadly, it was a rare experience for me. And I have stayed in some really nice hotels.

It still was a nice experience to take nice ride in a nice car from the airport. I would use them again.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Were you able to find good transportation options? What would you recommend? What was the cost?

Many thanks.
We used Limousine Express. Good quality cars and drivers, and reliable. I'd recommend them. We used them for a few journeys but the price for a luxury sedan (Mercedes E class), picking up from Sathorn Rd in the centre of Bangkok to go to the airport, was 1,900 THB. You can get cheaper but we thought it was good value for the quality/service/reliability.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:30 am

Do you book AOT in advance for BKK pickup or just find desk in airport?
Looking for a minivan ( i assume for 4pax&4bags)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.