Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

UA gives boarding pass with Green Card, ANA doesn't?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold

Not sure which forum (UA/ANA) but it's Thailand centric so I'll start here.

I brought this up before, but things just changed making me more confused.

Wife is a Thai citizen with a US Green Card.

Before UA left BKK we would fly SFO/NRT/BKK/NRT/SFO all on United (starting in SFO). On our return, United would give my wife her BKK/NRT BP and her NRT/SFO BP.

When UA left and we got stuck on ANA, they would give me both boarding passes but only give my wife BKK/NRT. They said they couldn't process it because of her Green Card.

But now I've switched the travel. We start in BKK. Tickets are BKK/NRT/SFO/NRT/BKK. And now ANA has no problem issuing both of my wife's BPs. Why?

Initial thought was because she has her departure ticket from the US, which visitors are required. But she's not a visitor. She's a Permanent Resident. And the last couple of tickets had her in the US for 2 months or more.

Just trying to make heads or tails about what ANA is doing and why. And why UA never had a problem either way.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Does it help if you perform online check-in? NH issues electronic BPs on NRT outbound e.g. NRT-USA, NRT-Asia - Apple passbook compatible as well.

I remember your previous question a year ago. Shortly after, out of curiosity, I did ask ANA BKK counter staff (I fly NH to BKK a couple times a year). Unfortunately it's been awhile so I can't remember their reply exactly but it was something like codeshares or 016 tickets needed this (because of suboptimal UA-NH IT-linkages) but not if ticket is all NH-plated.

You could try asking them again the next time you're in BKK. They mostly appear to be NH and not contract staff so you should be able to get an answer. Interestingly, all were wearing yukatas last week - very cute.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:54 am

maybe they fixed it by now. Who knows?

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.