Thailand Forum Lounge-Thread: Thai News & Open Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aBroadAbroad
This thread is for Thailand news/events and general discussion. It is meant to reduce clutter in the main forum. If you notice a topic here that deserves its own thread, please alert a moderator.

READ FIRST: Thailand Lounge-Thread Guidelines

• This thread is subject to the general FlyerTalk Rules and will be moderated accordingly.

• Like all FT Forum Lounges, this thread provides a place for members to engage in off-topic discussion. Please be reminded, however, that this is not OMNI or OMNI/PR. Content that strays too far into such controversial areas as politics or religion may be edited, moved or deleted by moderators.

• As always, when challenging other members' viewpoints and opinions, please do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Posts containing personal attacks are unacceptable and will be deleted. Replies to such posts will also be deleted.

• Please alert a moderator to any concerns via the "Report Bad Post" button that appears in the lower left corner of every post.

• Repetitive posting that unnecessarily clutters the thread, or appears to be for the primary purpose of post-padding, is subject to merging or deletion. If you wish to reply to several prior posts, please use the multi-quote function to create a single response.

Special thanks to FlyerTalker Kalboz for launching the original Thai News & Open Discussion lounge back in 2009!
Print Wikipost

Thailand Forum Lounge-Thread: Thai News & Open Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PxC
Thanks for the replies

is it possible to do it as a transit on seperate tickets? ie LHR-BKK and then a seperate booking to Cambodia
unfortunately not; only on same ticket and you need your BP for second leg already. My travel agency did not have any problem to combine my ticket from Europe or somewhere else in Asia with Bangkok Airways' ticket (flight to Cambodia).
in addition as already said PCR test, vaccine certificate and insurance is also needed for transit
PxC likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
in addition as already said PCR test, vaccine certificate and insurance is also needed for transit
Insurance requirement was removed in recent changes.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by ft101
Insurance requirement was removed in recent changes.
Didn't they only bring it down from 50,000 USD to 20,000 USD?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Didn't they only bring it down from 50,000 USD to 20,000 USD?
That was for visitors entering the country. I was responding to a comment about transit passengers who have had the insurance requirement removed completely.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by ft101
That was for visitors entering the country. I was responding to a comment about transit passengers who have had the insurance requirement removed completely.
Do you mind sending me a link on this?

Thank you
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Do you mind sending me a link on this?

Thank you
Sorry, I'm wrong. I could swear I read it somewhere that I must have trusted, but just been to my usual source for these issues and it's still there:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:07 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Best Bangkok 5 Start deal currently running… The Athenee

10 nights at the Athenee Hotel, Luxury Collection for ฿13,241 (1,324/night after tax) if you are a Thai national and have the “Rao Tiew Duay Gun” government subsidy.

for all others…
10 nights at the Athenee Hotel, Luxury Collection for ฿22,069 (2,207/night after taxes)

FULL breakfast and lounge benefits

bookable on Marriott app and website. Rate code LTS

IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE DOUBLE NIGHT PROMOTION, one could go from zero status to Platinum for $1989 dollars, staying for 30 nights.

enjoy,
seanthepilot

https://www.marriott.com/offers/fast...ertycode=bkkla

The fast track to platinum, stay a little longer and save bigger

Need to Know

• Fast Track to Platinum offers FREE extra double nights
  • This offer is applicable to use with Rao Tiew Duay Gun
  • Promotional Code: LTS What's this?
  • Valid Stay Dates: March 3, 2022 - May 31, 2022

Description

Double up a night stay starting from 5 paying nights get extra 5 nights complimentary stay with additional benefits to indulge your luxury lifestyle.

Inclusions:
  • The Athenee Hotel offers free extra nights equal to your paid nights, E.G. pay for 5 nights, you can stay extra 5 nights free.
  • Children Stay Free! Up to 2 kids aged 0-11.99 sharing in existing bedding.
  • Flexible offer! Can change dates up to 1 day before arrival or cancel free if needed.
  • This offer is applicable to use with Rao Tiew Duay Gun.
How to Book:
Be sure that the Promotional Code appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 02 650 8800 and ask for the promotional code. For toll-free numbers outside the US please visit Global Reservation Numbers
Terms & Conditions:
- All nights must be consecutive, with minimum 10 nights stay requirement. - Applicable only for stay of up to 25 nights and consecutive nights will count as one stay. - Free night rate will be rebated upon check-out and remaining paid nights will be charged in full 1 day after booking. - Free night benefit is cap at 15 nights. - Extra person supplement applies for room and club lounge if applicable. - This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other hotel promotions, and any privilege discounts. Offer must fall within valid dates and is only valid through the stay window end date. Limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Tax is additional. Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions. Blackout dates may apply. Advance reservations required. Other restrictions apply. Rates are per room, per night and based on availability at the time of reservations.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
10 nights at the Athenee Hotel, Luxury Collection for ฿13,241 (1,324/night after tax) if you are a Thai national and have the “Rao Tiew Duay Gun” government subsidy.

for all others…
10 nights at the Athenee Hotel, Luxury Collection for ฿22,069 (2,207/night after taxes)

FULL breakfast and lounge benefits

bookable on Marriott app and website. Rate code LTS

IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE DOUBLE NIGHT PROMOTION, one could go from zero status to Platinum for $1989 dollars, staying for 30 nights.

enjoy,
seanthepilot

https://www.marriott.com/offers/fast...ertycode=bkkla
That is a good nightly rate, but be sure to check out the recent posts in the Marriott thread. Seems the level of service has been in decline.
I haven't stayed before, so not sure how the rate would correspond to the new service levels.

The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
The only time I've been in Thailand was during the Test&Go, which included private travel to the hotel for the quarantine. Now that that's no longer a thing, what's the best way to get to Sukhumvit area around 11pmish? I'm staying near the Nana station and it looks like the train runs until midnight, is that the best way?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by seigex
The only time I've been in Thailand was during the Test&Go, which included private travel to the hotel for the quarantine. Now that that's no longer a thing, what's the best way to get to Sukhumvit area around 11pmish? I'm staying near the Nana station and it looks like the train runs until midnight, is that the best way?
The Airport Rail Link, connecting to BTS Skytrain at Phaya Thai station, will be the cheapest way. The ARL is open until midnight. BTS is also open until midnight. If you have many bags, you may wish to take a taxi. 😊
LIH Prem and seigex like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
The Airport Rail Link, connecting to BTS Skytrain at Phaya Thai station, will be the cheapest way. The ARL is open until midnight. BTS is also open until midnight. If you have many bags, you may wish to take a taxi. 😊
Right on thanks, that's the same path (albeit in reverse) that I took to the airport on my way out last time.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Right on thanks, that's the same path (albeit in reverse) that I took to the airport on my way out last time.
The ARL trip takes 30 minutes. Just make sure you will arrive at Phaya Thai station before it closes. The ARL and BTS require separate tickets, I believe.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
The ARL trip takes 30 minutes. Just make sure you will arrive at Phaya Thai station before it closes. The ARL and BTS require separate tickets, I believe.
Good call. Shouldn't be an issue if immigration is as quick as I hear it is now, but I'll have a backup just in case.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Good call. Shouldn't be an issue if immigration is as quick as I hear it is now, but I'll have a backup just in case.
Depending upon where you are staying, I think the ARL combined with the subway is faster than ARL combined with BTS.

That said, a taxi from the airport is less than $15 US and much easier than any ARL transportation combo, especially since you're arriving at a time when traffic will be negligible. (You also won't have to drag your bags up/down stairs.)
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Depending upon where you are staying, I think the ARL combined with the subway is faster than ARL combined with BTS.

That said, a taxi from the airport is less than $15 US and much easier than any ARL transportation combo, especially since you're arriving at a time when traffic will be negligible. (You also won't have to drag your bags up/down stairs.)
I'll be at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. I have a penchant for pain, as I typically like to take trains over taxis.
Diplomatico likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.