BKK airport hotels or not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK airport hotels or not?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
I've stayed there many times and I never got this offer. I'll ask in a week when I am there.
Question was "massage or bumbum"

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Anyway, you can book a reservation on the Great Residence website (or Agoda, etc.) that include a 2-way transfer.
I did. After arriving at the hotel I need to go back to the airport transportation center to buy a bus ticket. Its impossible to walk there even its just 1km from the hotel. There is no boardwalk. They just offered me to bring me back to the airport for 150THB because I already used one of my including shuttle rides. I asked them if there is a public bus but they said there isn't one. So I walked to the restaurant area and they told me there is one opposide of the "milk ice shop". There was public Vans to the airport from the corner of the streets for 10THB per ride. They also stop at the airport transportation center. I guess the number was 549.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Any recent stays at decent hotels near the airport that includes a transfer? Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pb9997
jfkcnf,

First time in a city is always confusing for everyone, thus consider a hotel quite close to a BTS station.

Novotel BKK Ploenchit is next to the BTS Ploen Chit and visible when you get out of the train. Other hotels also might fit the bill. You get the airport express to end of the line / Playa Thaya and then a BTS to your hotel.

Point in case for a new comer, try not to choose a city hotel where you need to walk too much/several blocks as you are not acquainted with the surroundings and the hot/humid weather are awful when carrying bags up/down.
OP is landing at midnight so public transportation won't be an option. OP is leaving at noon the next day, so would need to leave the city around 10, essentially checking out after breakfast. My instinct would be to take an airport hotel.
ADDED: Sorry, I just realized I responded to posts that are several years old.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Apr 13, 2016 at 8:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.