Search

Overnight connection in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Overnight connection in BKK

Hi guys...

i did a search and couldn't find anything that matched this question exactly - so hear goes...

I'm flying from the US to Phuket on a UA award. Going through Tokyo, i fly Tokyo-BKK and arrive at 10:30PM. My connecting flight from BKK-Phuket is at 8AM the next morning.

I've read hear that the lounges are closed from 1am - 5am (with the exception of the pay lounge area). My question is multipart - are thailand airports like US airports in that coming off international flights, am I dumped outside of the terminal after passport control? Like would I be able to wait inside the actual airport even though my flight is the next morning? Other then the Novotel (wow, expensive) and the airport hourly hotel, is there any thing else thats close that would be recommended?

Overall, what would anyone recommend? toughing it out in the airport for a few hours - or crashing at a close hotel (i'm flying in on ANA F and Thai F, so I should be arriving comfortably [thanks chase bank!!!])

i very much appreciate any guidance anyone can provide!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
I would go for the cheap hotel option you should be able to get one for less than $30 including transfer.

You dont want to rough it if you have flying F !!!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:01 pm

You can get a new clean basic room near BKK for <$20. Twice that gets you a nice solid 3*. Here's a good link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2...rt.Hotels.html BTW, I've stayed at the Mariya and it's pretty d*mn good for $40.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: A3*, A-Club PLT, AA PLT, Hilton PLT, Avis PLT, AR PLT
Hi
First the lounge is open all night. But they don't have services between 01am -05am.
Second, I think its great idea to take a taxi to the city center , go to china town, MBK, its nice and it worth it!
Enjoy!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by scubainstructor87
Hi
First the lounge is open all night. But they don't have services between 01am -05am.
Second, I think its great idea to take a taxi to the city center , go to china town, MBK, its nice and it worth it!
Enjoy!
You are mistaken. The lounges are closed between 1-5AM. No service, no entrance... no lounge.

The only lounges that are open during that time period are Priority Pass.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Methinks not much will be open between midnight and 6 a.m. which is when OP would arrive from / depart for airport @:-)

Second idea of getting inexpensive hotel around BKK ^

EmailKid
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Some cheap hotels near the airport can be found on Agoda
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Some cheap hotels near the airport can be found on Agoda
Agoda's usually the cheapest. I use Hotels Combined to make sure they are. I use Hotels.com a lot if the price is close because they give 1 free on 10.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
We stayed at the BS residence just outside the airport for ~30 usd including transfers from/to airport. Nothing fancy, just a place to crash for the night. Only thing we didn't like is the nightclub 2 blocks away with the thumping bass until 3am.

Plenty of cheap hotels near the airport that include free shuttle. We used booking.com to find ours. Would love to have stayed at the Novotel but the prices are outrages.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:35 pm

Hi
Like the OP I arrive at 10:30pm from NRT and leave the next morning. Would it be worthwhile to do this on a Wednesday night?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Slickw
Like the OP I arrive at 10:30pm from NRT and leave the next morning. Would it be worthwhile to do this on a Wednesday night?
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Methinks not much will be open between midnight and 6 a.m. which is when OP would arrive from / depart for airport @:-)

Second idea of getting inexpensive hotel around BKK ^
EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.