Doxycycline in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doxycycline in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You can get one with no problem. On my last visit to BKK I bought a big tub of it and now we have enough supply to last our lifetime possibly! Can't remember exactly how much I paid for them but they came out less than one baht per pill.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:24 am
Original Poster

I just got 80 doxycycline pills at Froedtert Hospital pharmacy in Milwaukee, 80 pills for $20.

The doctor at the travel clinic said to start taking it two days before entering a malaria area and four weeks after leaving. Thailand has low malaria risk except at the borders. Almost all of Cambodia is high risk for malaria including the Angkor Wat area.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by walterj
Almost all of Cambodia is high risk for malaria including the Angkor Wat area.
If you're not venturing out of the cities you have no worry about malaria. Even venturing into the proximal temple areas around Siem Reap does not put you at risk.

Spending time at Koh Ker, Pailin etc might necessitate the meds. Otherwise I'd be more wary of dengue, for which DEET and/or long pants and sleeves are the only preventative measures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.