Wiki Posts
Search

I would love some public transport clarification

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Smile I would love some public transport clarification

Hi all

I'll be going to BKK and stay near Wat Dan BRT. So I wonder if my plan to get there is right.

-Take Airport Link City Line to Phaya Thai
-Transfer to Phaya Thai BST (How can I get from Airport Link Station to BTS btw?)
-Take Sukhumvit Line to Siam BST
-Transfer to Silom Line (I assume it is inside Siam station, isn't it?)
-Take Silom Line to Chong Nonsi BST
-Transfer to BRT (How do I do this?)
-Take BRT to Wat Dan Station

Many thanks in advance
Old May 29, 2012, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kent102
Hi all

I'll be going to BKK and stay near Wat Dan BRT. So I wonder if my plan to get there is right.

-Transfer to Phaya Thai BST (How can I get from Airport Link Station to BTS btw?)

Many thanks in advance
I've never taken the BRT but it's a bus (van?) service that has a transfer station with MRT/BTS.

As for the transfer from Phaya Thai airport rail link to BTS it's a matter of walking out of one station and immediately finding yourself in the other. Just follow the signs once you put your token into the machines allowing you to leave the airport rail station.

All BTS to BTS transfers are at Siam station.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by kent102
Hi all

Many thanks in advance
At Siam (Central) the transfer from Sukhumvit line to Silom line is across the same platform on the same level, so very easy.

At Chong Nonsi, you exit the station and take the covered footbridge (one level below the BTS platforms, but still above the road) and then cross an open area to the BRT. This is all done above road level until you descend to the BRT buses. Distance from BTS to BRT is roughly 200 - 300 metres.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:58 am

I'm assuming that you're trying to use all this public transport for a fun adventure? Otherwise I would probably skip some of those steps and get a taxi.

BRT is a bus.

You should have no trouble finding all the transfer points as they are well marked. I kind of like walking the Chong Nonsi BTS/BRT transfer, it looks nice.

Also you didn't tell us what time your flight arrives. If it is at night, some of these services might be closed.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
if you have luggage you might want to just take a Taxi......

its cheap and you are going to be tired after the flight.....

and even a very high price will be 600 baht or $20 US

Soarer
Old May 29, 2012, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're trying to get to the Riverfront Residence, it might be easier to take the SARL to Makassan, transfer/walk to the Petchburi MRT (subway) go towards Hua Lumphong, exit at Khlongtoei station (Tobacco Company exit, north side of Rama 4 Road), then take a taxi.

Your original itinerary will take 2 - 3 hours, involve many, many long walks up/down stairs, purchase of three separate tickets. Depending on the day of the week/time of day, you may find it challenging to board the BTS in-bound at Phaya Thai (some people actually head out-bound - towards Mor Chit - a few stations before reversing direction), and the transfer to the Silom line may require waiting for a few trains.

Note that the BRT is on Google Maps/Directions (click on the Bus icon), which is handy.

A taxi all the way would be easiest, quickest although the Rama 4 exit/jog to Rama 3, can back up at certain times.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Also you didn't tell us what time your flight arrives. If it is at night, some of these services might be closed.
A rather critical point. Hopefully the poster will return to clarify.

OP, welcome to FlyerTalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.