Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Rabbit Card: BTS and MRT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by manymany
There seems to be some new ticket machines on both the MRT and BTS where you can top up your relevant card without going to the counter and risking passport roulette. I have used the one at Samyan MRT and the one at Sala Daeng BTS, I don't know if they are at other stations.

Also, there is this:
https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/...isa-and-master
I have two cards from 2019. I went in December last year and easily got both topped up at Asoke. They did not ask for anything.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I have two cards from 2019. I went in December last year and easily got both topped up at Asoke. They did not ask for anything.
My Rabbit card has been cancelled as it is not registered - gets denied on the ticket machines which can otherwise top up. And the ticket counter asks for my passport, so I buy single tickets on the rare occasion I use BTS. The MRT card on the other hand can still top up on the machines… Go figure…
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:18 am

I registered mine this trip. Didn't have passport, they took the data off my phone. (passport#, exp date, etc.)

-David
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:55 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
This was my first time trying BTS, but since I will be here for several weeks, I decided a Rabbit card made more sense than handling coin-based change every time I wanted to buy a ticket. The staff at Nana Station (connected to the Hyatt Regency, not because I'm partaking in the local activities) would not let me purchase a Rabbit card initially with credit card despite having several apparent credit card terminals. Oh, well...I went to the nearby ATM to withdraw some cash. The card charge is 100 THB. They asked for my passport and input the details. The card works and the ticket gates displayed the loaded value I selected. Despite the train crowding (wow, like sardines), I will take a 17 THB ride to Central Embassy over having to deal with the soaking any day. Glad I completed these steps.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Just for the record, most BTS ticket machines now take banknotes and give change. ATM transaction fee for cash withdrawals is 220 baht.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.