Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Villa in Samui?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Villa in Samui?

Anyone here who can recommend a good villa in Samui??

3 bedrooms or more, with a private pool.

my budgets around 400$-700$ a night. Also a good website/agent/contact through whom I can book the villa.

thanks
Old Sep 29, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Starwood's W are opening there next month, so it's brand new. It's an all-villa property.

With promotions you can get in at around 650 USD a night.

http://www.whotels.com/kohsamui
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:34 pm

Depending on when you travel, you might be able to get a three bedroom villa at Karma Samui for ~$700 a night. They used to be a member of LHW and would offer very low rates on lhw.com. Unfortunately they are no longer affiliated with LHW, and the rack rates on their website seem quite high.

If you are interested in Karma, I would recommend that you contact the reservation manager and try to negotiate a rate. karmasamui.com
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:44 am
Original Poster

I'm travelling to Samui next week. so W is out. will check out karma, thanks
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by 15blackknight
I'm travelling to Samui next week. so W is out. will check out karma, thanks
I believe they're opening now. I was able to dummy-book an ocean view villa for check-in tomorrow

Code:
 Ocean View Escape Non Smoking, W Signature Bed, 46 Lcd Tv/yamaha Sound System, Villa With Private Pool, Panoramic Ocean View

Best Rate With Breakfast
Edit: Hmm OK they are now back to saying November 1. But they do take bookings for "today"...

Last edited by forumpersona999; Oct 1, 2010 at 8:20 pm
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
You can find 3 bedroom Villas at

Napasai
Shasa Hotel
Kirikayan
Four Seasons

I didn't check out the rates, but depending on the season you'll travel to Samui I really doubt that 700 $ or roughly 22.000 THB per night will get you what you are looking for
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Starwood's W are opening there next month, so it's brand new. It's an all-villa property.
... I doubt that they have 3 bedroom villas
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by 15blackknight
Also a good website/agent/contact through whom I can book the villa.
http://www.sawadee.com/
http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand.html
http://www.wotif.com
http://www.atsiam.com/
http://www.latestays.com/

usually offer good rates ...

Anyway I use another strategy. Once I know where I want to stay I google for the hotel. Usually on first 2 or 3 sites you'll get plenty of links of online broker and within 15 minutes you'll find a very good rate
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by olisch
I didn't check out the rates, but depending on the season you'll travel to Samui I really doubt that 700 $ or roughly 22.000 THB per night will get you what you are looking for

I have seen low season rates for three bedroom villas at Karma for <$700, including breakfast for all guests. And Karma is a seriously good property.

Personally, I am not at all tempted by the new W resort. Also, I would hesitate to stay at any property immediately after its opening because hotels and resorts invariably experience service or technical difficulties when they first open.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I have seen low season rates for three bedroom villas at Karma for <$700, including breakfast for all guests. And Karma is a seriously good property.

Personally, I am not at all tempted by the new W resort. Also, I would hesitate to stay at any property immediately after its opening because hotels and resorts invariably experience service or technical difficulties when they first open.
This is the end of high season however. Low season for Samui is Dec-Feb.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
This is the end of high season however. Low season for Samui is Dec-Feb.
Surely you are mistaken. December-February is the high season anywhere in South Thailand.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Surely you are mistaken. December-February is the high season anywhere in South Thailand.
Really? Samui high season is when it rains the most? Surely it is you who are mistaken.

The best weather for the Samui group of islands is June-September. This is when the local hoteliers expect to be at their fullest. Isn't that the definition of high season?

You also might note that the monsoonal patterns for the Andaman coast and the east coast are different.

Last edited by dsquared37; Oct 3, 2010 at 12:37 am
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

karma is only decent hotel option, great value

w has larger, but expensive, and not positive exactly what residences are in inventory

will be interesting to see what happens with conrad
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Hi all,

was wondering if anyone had been to the Elements Boutique Hotel in Samui?

if so what were your thoughts?

thanks a lot

synd
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Really? Samui high season is when it rains the most? Surely it is you who are mistaken.

The best weather for the Samui group of islands is June-September. This is when the local hoteliers expect to be at their fullest. Isn't that the definition of high season?

You also might note that the monsoonal patterns for the Andaman coast and the east coast are different.
No the best weather for Samui is generally late December(or often earlier if the rainy season has called it a day) through to March or April.

Mike is quite correct about High season although there is a second High season from July-August which has very little to do with the weather being at it's best on Samui.

A rough guide to low- high-peak seasons is as follows:-

Low Season

Sep 01- Dec 19

Peak Season

Dec 20- Jan 06

High Season

Jan. 07- Apr. 30

Low Season

May 01-June 30

High Season

July 01- Aug 31

If it was not for the European school summer holidays then the high season (July/Aug) would also probably not be rated as such. The fact that this also coincides with the worst weather on the east coast at places such as Khao Lak,Krabi and Phuket also helps create a second 'high' season...although in reality it never appears as busy as Christmas through January and February.

The proper rainy season on Samui is from late October to around Christmas, however it usually winds up early December most years.November normally has the most rainfall. Of course this is the general pattern we are talking about..last year for example the rainy season never really arrived despite the two previous years being very wet indeed.

Last edited by chokdee; Oct 26, 2010 at 9:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.