Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Villa in Samui?

Villa in Samui?

Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Surely you are mistaken. December-February is the high season anywhere in South Thailand.
Originally Posted by chokdee

Mike is quite correct about High season ...

A rough guide to low- high-peak seasons is as follows:-

Low Season

Sep 01- Dec 19

Peak Season

Dec 20- Jan 06

High Season

Jan. 07- Apr. 30

High Season

July 01- Aug 31

I'm so glad Mike is correct.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
This is the end of high season however. Low season for Samui is Dec-Feb.
Originally Posted by chokdee
No the best weather for Samui is generally late December(or often earlier if the rainy season has called it a day) through to March or April.

Mike is quite correct about High season although there is a second High season from July-August which has very little to do with the weather being at it's best on Samui.

A rough guide to low- high-peak seasons is as follows:-

Low Season

Sep 01- Dec 19

Peak Season

Dec 20- Jan 06

High Season

Jan. 07- Apr. 30

Low Season

May 01-June 30

High Season

July 01- Aug 31
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm so glad Mike is correct.

Thank you, dsquared37, I am also glad that I was correct.

I said December- February in response to your post because those were the months that you first referred to as the "low season" in your earlier post. Obviously, the high season does not end in February.

To be more precise, I should have said that (late) December through February is (part of) the high season. As chokdee has pointed out, this is in fact the case.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 27, 2010 at 10:14 am
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I used to be of the same belief, however after discussion with a handful of hotels managers in the last two summers, all of whom consider the summer season to be their big money, especially considering the variability of the weather during the Nov-Jan time frame, I've changed my mind. Summer months are among the best weather for these islands.

I'm really not interested in arguing this further.

Last edited by dsquared37; Oct 27, 2010 at 7:35 pm
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:58 am

Bumpity -- I'm slowly starting to scout around for a villa to host three generations of patokals in July/Aug 2011, and Samui is near the top of the list of possible locations. (Phuket/Krabi are also options, but it'll be rainier on that side of the peninsula.) Our budget's a bit less than the OP ($200-ish?), but we'd be staying for two weeks or so, so there should be more room to bargain.

We stayed at Alam Warna in Seminyak, Bali earlier this year (only for a few days though), and it pretty much hit the spot: not just two bedrooms but two entirely separate buildings on one property, with a private pool between them. Any ideas for something similar on Samui?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 4:36 am

Bump? I'm kind of shocked to find a Thai topic that FT isn't thoroughly familiar with. Google brings up plenty of options, but it's hard to sort through the dross...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.