Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai offer Fantastic $1,500 return business class fare to Europ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEXROP, TG Gold, BAEC Gold, BD gold

Just seen a fantastic offer in the Bangkok Post 9/6/09 from Thai for business class return ticket to Europe for $1,500 inc all taxes and surcharges.

It is only for Oslo so the new route with great planes and new product ex USA 340-500.

Wow now if they could give the same prices for the rest of Europe, what the hell I would be happy to pay $2,000 for LHR in business class.

I would revert my loyalty from SQ back to Thai and book and least 6 sectors in business class immediatly.

Unfortunately that will not happen, shame because they would be runnng 100% capacity if they did. When Emirates are offering $1,400 ex uk business class on the A380 on DXB-BKK sector and new 777 on uk to Dubai, pathetic load factors will continue.

I have a lot of Norwegian friends and business associates and when I was all excited for them about the direct BKK- OSLO flight, they replied what are Thai Airways thinking!! we are a country of only 4 million people. When we fly to Copenhagen there are only a few people taking the connecting flight the rest are spreadout through Scandanavia.

Perhaps they have realised that and that is why they are offering business class and economy class prices.

Well hope this helps someone maybe cheap flight with this offer to Oslo and a reward ticket to somewhere else in Europe will let more people fly business class. Good luck.

In the meantime I will wait for them to wake up on the other routes before moving back, unless that is I want a holiday in Norway or combine with a BMI zone 1 or 2 award ticket then still a bargain if you are prepared to work at this.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: TG*G VA Plat
Hi

Is there a weblink for this?

Can you clarify is it ex LAX or from BKK?

Cheers,
AB
Old Jun 9, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by Airbumps
Hi

Is there a weblink for this?

Can you clarify is it ex LAX or from BKK?

Cheers,
AB
This is obviousely just BKK-OSL. Or why do you think TG would advertise a LAX-OSL fare, and especially do so in the Bangkok Post?
The "ex USA" was a bit mis-leading, but it just referred to the A340-500 aircraft which were previousely used for the ultra long hauls to the USA and are now deployed on BKK-OSL.

The fact that the quoted USD1500 is less than 25% of their regular flexible business class fare points to:
1. TG is getting nervous.
2. TG has now fully adapted the country specific pricing procedures:
The seller starts by quoting a price which the customers just smiles about. - A few crazy farang might even pay this. - Too bad for them.
Then the customer pretends to walk out of the shop (to SQ) or offers 10% of the quoted price, and finally, they settle for 25% and both parties are happy and sure to have made a great deal.

Not sure if it's the best way to maximise revenues.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ*G, PAL Premier Elite
1000 euro to osl

Hi,
The offer was made better Yesterday. Its 49000 THB inc tax for 10 tickets every flight
Cheers!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 2:07 am

this is not bookable yet, correct?

I think the OP means the THB 49,000 fare. not really more details yet.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEXROP, TG Gold, BAEC Gold, BD gold
That is the one I am talking about 49,000 net just tried to make it easy for non thais and non thai residents. Bye the way it is not first 10 tickets every flight but first 10 tickets to be sold at the travel fair on each of the days listed below. So 4 days at 10 seats per day = 40 seats.

Find the promotion named Rah Khun Tao Fah or love you as big as the sky at www.thaiairways.co.th booking only in travel fare in Pargon bkk 13-16th June

They also have several other promtional fairs for this and other destinations available online so can be bought outside of Thailand.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
I think taxes/fuel surcharges (around THB7,000) are in addition to the THB49,000. Still a great deal.

If I am not mistaken, in todays BP it said 49 tickets per day... Well.....

I hope it is possible to send someone else to buy the ticket, as I dont want to go there myself......

Will be interesting to see if there is ANY flexibility on this fare......
Old Jun 12, 2009, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I recall a similar offer in 2006 to celebrate THAI's 46th birthday, Paragon was mobbed, an I was completely frustrated in any attempt to get some flights that I wanted. Great for those who are successful.

Tended to be in J class, with restrictions on date changes - not allowed outside promotion period etc etc. Still, if it all lines up - a fantastic deal.

Cheers, TK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.