Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Denied Boarding ~ No Purchasing Credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied Boarding ~ No Purchasing Credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Sorry to hear about your troubles Sean, all that hassle for 2200 Baht? Amazing Thailand...

Anybody know how MH handles this?

I booked some some dirt cheap tickets for travel next May and don't have the card anymore. It was a verified by Visa transaction, and I have a photocopy of the said card. 4 bookings so a bit concerned...

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

In visiting in Mar, and it'd be good to get together in BKK or HKT if you'll be around.

TK
I will be back in BKK and a week in HKT as well in March, would be nice to have a couple of drinks with you guys.

Last edited by LH747FTL; Jan 7, 2009 at 10:44 am
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
LH747FTL - you have a PM.

Cheers, TK
Old Jan 8, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: KF
it happend to me.I said, my card has been cancelled and show the check in counter my new citibank card. Its a TG flight on Business Class.He just asked me , can you remember your card number, of course, I can, He never demand anything to show my credit card.I dont understand why this happening to the OP. Hmm, maybe pure luck
Old Jan 8, 2009, 2:18 am

Programs: KF
my options that time , if the counter insist for my card, I will give him my bank number, and let them call and verified themselves, simple as that.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is this still the case? The credit card I charged my tickets on has been reissued with a new number.

In addition, my son is flying in from a different city. I bought his ticket on my cc. If I'm delayed (or he's delayed) and we miss the flight what will happen?

I'm nowhere near a ticket office.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:43 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by manneca
Is this still the case? The credit card I charged my tickets on has been reissued with a new number.

In addition, my son is flying in from a different city. I bought his ticket on my cc. If I'm delayed (or he's delayed) and we miss the flight what will happen?

I always keep my old c/card if I have such flights booked with TG - avoids unnecessary distress at the airport. Worth considering for the future.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:48 am

Programs: LH FTL Sindbad Gold
I had a similar situation a couple of weeks ago. TG told me that what they need is the ticketnumber - the number on your creditcard is not important. So you have to print out your passenger receipt. With some airlines like LH it's possible on their website. I don't know about Thai (booked my flight through LH) but you can always print it out through www.checkmytrip.com with your name and amadeus booking code. This printout contains all flight details including your ticket number.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by manneca

This is a potential real issue. I suggest you give him a colour photocopy of your card. But if things simply don't work out, you have no comeback - the requirements are very clear IMHO.

Good luck, TK
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:55 am

Thanks for the prompt replies.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:06 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
You better call TG. Since starting this thread, I have had a few unfortunate incidents with TG.

I was denied check-in again. Not only that, the refund that I was promised as a result, was only of the tax and fuel surcharge. Despite multiple trips to the ticket office and prompting a review of the refund, I was denied each time.

Checking Visa's requirements, the airlines are allowed to require the credit card, but are warned that customers reactions can be unpleasant from this requirement. From the wording, I guess that this is a common complaint by cardholders by various airline customers.

I recommend calling the Thai Office and be prepared to fax a copy of your passport photo and the card used to buy the ticket, have the agent take off the ticket restriction, and note it in your PNR.

Note that Bangkok Air now requires the credit card be shown at check-in too.

HOWEVER, AIR ASIA has No Such Requirement.

Last edited by seanthepilot; Jul 2, 2010 at 9:16 am
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
You better call TG. Since starting this thread, I have had a few unfortunate incidents with TG.

I was denied check-in again. Not only that, the refund that I was promised as a result, was only of the tax and fuel surcharge. Despite multiple trips to the ticket office and prompting a review of the refund, I was denied each time.

Checking Visa's requirements, the airlines are allowed to require the credit card, but are warned that customers reactions can be unpleasant from this requirement. From the wording, I guess that this is a common complaint by cardholders by various airline customers.

I recommend calling the Thai Office and be prepared to fax a copy of your passport photo and the card used to buy the ticket, have the agent take off the ticket restriction, and note it in your PNR.

Note that Bangkok Air now requires the credit card be shown at check-in too.

HOWEVER AIR ASIA has No Such Requirement.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:50 am

Oops..... pressed the wrong key!!

Checking in at HKG transfer desk a few months ago, they insisted on being given the card number, not the actual card.

Even so, as the card number had changed since ticketing, and no we "didn't happen to have any bank statements with us" when the check-in agent asked, a 25 minute international phone call was required together with some insistence and patience until the old number was read out to us.

Check-in was then satisfied, but I got the impression that they really wouldn't have allowed us to board without the card number.

Can't understand why, when the ticket was bought and paid for about ten months before and they knew exactly who I was.

Now I write the card number on the ticket as soon as it's been printed off.

I live and learn.

11277m.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Same thing happened to us. We were at FRA checking in for a TG flight. We had to call back to the U.S., have a friend drive over to our house, let himself in, find the credit card we used, and read us the numbers. The TG agent had to input digits 9, 10, 11, and 12 of the 16-digit card number to get the boarding passes printed out. It was absurd and incredibly third-world.

Moral of the story: They're serious. Bring the credit card with you.

David
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:41 am

Again, thanks. I'll try calling on Tuesday (when I have access to a fax machine). I'll post what happens.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Credit card fraud is the cause of all this, and we are often asked to show proof of purchase. As a monthly traveller, I am asked regularly by airlines to present my credit card, when using Etickets on the first route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.