Wiki Posts
Search

changes i would make

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2001, 7:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

changes i would make

move thai to skyteam . would move korean to no.2 in asia. because thai is losing to singapore air in star world . i would say oneworld but not going to happen with cathay
around
Old Aug 4, 2001, 10:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by arya alliance:
move thai to skyteam . would move korean to no.2 in asia. because thai is losing to singapore air in star world . i would say oneworld but not going to happen with cathay
around
</font>
I pretty much agree with that. I mean, on a lot of flights you can choose either TG or SQ, and most people would go for SQ hands down. KE (I think that's right) and TG would be a better fit, because BKK and SEL/ICN are a fair distance apart, and really wouldn't be competing with each other to the extent that SQ & TG compete in *.

Plus, TG is possibly a better airline than KE, so if there was a choice (like SIN-BKK-NRT vs SIN-ICN-NRT), people would opt for TG. But I have never flown KE, so I really couldn't make in any &lt;B&gt;definitive&lt;/B&gt; comments in that regard.

MD

MD
Old Aug 7, 2001, 1:33 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
I have flown both TG and KE on trans-pacific flights in the last year. TG is not a better airline than KE.

TG has decent service if you are flying coach. If you are flying business or first, KE is the clear choice. The planes are newer, J and F service has modern, more comfortable seating, modern entertainment systems and in J class, better food. KE also has many more flights to the US than TG.
Business class on TG is not much better than coach. The seats have limited recline and there is no footrest on TG. Thailand's national carrier has really slipped in the last few years. They have failed to invest in modern amenities for their forward cabins, due to the economic problems in Thailand since 1997.

If you are flying coach, TG might be the better choice since the seat pitch in Y is greater than KE's. Otherwise, KE is the way to go. I started flying them a few years ago, about the time Skyteam came about. I was suspicious about their safety record, but after flying them I suggest giving them a try...besides, KE has very reasonable fares in all three cabins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.