Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Air gets OK to raise international fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2001, 5:13 am
Original Poster

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TRAVEL/NEWS/...eut/index.html

August 17, 2001 Posted: 11:32 AM EDT (1532 GMT)

BANGKOK, Thailand (Reuters) -- Thai Airways International has been given the green light by the government to increase its international air fares by 1.5 to 10 percent, a minister said on Friday.

"Given a floor and ceiling for air fare rises, it would be more flexible for the airline to be able to adjust its fares in line with the market," Wanmuhamadnoor Matha, Minister of Transport and Communications, told reporters

The move followed Thai Air's request to raise its domestic and international fares by four percent to offset higher fuel costs and foreign exchange fluctuation.

Analysts said passenger services accounted for 70-75 percent of the national carrier's total revenues, of which 65-70 percent were from international routes.

Thai Air made a net loss of 194 million baht ($4.34 million) in the first nine months of its financial year ended June, compared with a net profit of 8.5 billion baht ($190 million) in the same period last year.

The minister said domestic fare increases would be worked out within 15 days before being submitted to the Civil Aviation Board for consideration.

Old Aug 19, 2001, 7:14 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Hike the fares, fine!

And the service levels?

...and the service levels?

...and the service levels are the same? Golly, they DO need competition. I think it's called SQ. Wake up, TG! Get a lay-flat 1st product and be consistent about it! Some of us actually *do* care!

Will
Old Aug 25, 2001, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Now that we have reloacted to NZ, we fly BKK-AKL route regulaly. Even though we are Thai's still we have a thumb down for TG lately. Also, having a fuel stop in SYD means that I do not arrive any faster than SQ/NZ service.

Now talk about inflight entertainment. You know who beats who hand down....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.