Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about TG on Business Class NRT/LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2001, 10:03 am
Original Poster

How about TG on Business Class NRT/LAX?

We will use TG between NRT to LAX on business class.

How about TG business class on the route?
(meal,seat plan,cabin service etc.)

------------------
DAISUKE
Old Jul 2, 2001, 4:01 pm

TG operates four times weekly flight from LAX to NRT. TG uses Boeing 747-400s on this route, but the seats are pretty outdated. TG has two different configurations for its Boeing 747-400s. One is with the 180degrees flat F class seats and 50 inches J class seats, and the other kind has the old F class seats and old J seats.

TG has decided to use the old Boeing 747-400s on the LA route, and save the new ones for Europe. The seats are 2-2 in the main deck, with the other side blocked as the galley, and 2-2 on the upper deck section. The seat pitch is only 40 inches and all the recline and legrest buttons are manual. There is no personal TV, but I may be wrong.

The meal services will be your basic main meal after takeoff, and breakfast or supper prior to arrival. The main meals feature a mixed nut service with cocktail (canapes... maybe), and then appetizer and salad... then there are three choices of main courses, and followed by a cheese and fruit board, and a dessert cart. There will be multiple hot towel services... For the meals prior to arrival, it will be served in two courses... appetizer first, and then main course... dessert and rolls are already pre-placed on the tray.

F/As are very kind in general. It will be better than your average UA F/A. You will get a fresh orchid prior to arrival (on selected flights...) I am pretty sure that the F/As will do frequent water and juice runs, and they are happy to bring you beverages.

TG is still better than most US airlines, but is not as high quality as CX and SQ. The seats are not good, but according to FT, those seats will linger around for a while.

Carfield
Old Jul 3, 2001, 12:06 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
I agree with Carfield's analysis of the TG Business Class. The staff service is excellent but the seat is outdated. SQ and CX both have a much better seat and entertainment system and similiar high quality Asian service. The real problem with the TG seat in J is the lack of an extended foot rest and the degree of the seat's recline. I love TG service, but until they upgrade their seats, I use another carrier in J class.

Another option is to take Delta NRT-LAX. DL Business Elite service is pretty good, if your lucky enough to get a service oriented crew of FAs. The DL seat is one of the best J class seats flying and the meal service is on par with the Asian carriers. It is easy to sleep in DL business class on the 9 hours to LAX. Another option is the UA J class, if your aircraft has been upgraded with the increase seat pitch in J class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.