Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA-SHA LH or TG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2001, 11:35 am
Original Poster

FRA-SHA LH or TG

Planing a trip to SHA in Business, which one is prefered. LH or TG. I know it should be SQ but that is +DM 2.000 from my pocket as this is a leisure trip.

BTW any comments on the new Grand Hyatt in SHA. Is it worth to spend extra money on a water view room?

Any hint is very much appreciated

Stephan
Old Jun 13, 2001, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
Unless you are in it for the miles, or the TG flights are much less expensive, I would recommend what I would do, and take LH nonstop. Business is superior on LH, and the flight leaves later, and arrives much earlier than the alternative.

Sorry, no comments on the Hyatt.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 7:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by paulusst:
BTW any comments on the new Grand Hyatt in SHA. Is it worth to spend extra money on a water view room?

Stephan
</font>
I see you posted a similar message in the Hyatt forum. Oh well - my 2 cents:

I haven't actually stayed at the Hyatt in SHA (we stayed at the Peace Hotel - right on the Bund).

But I went to the Cloud 9 bar on the 86th (or there abouts) floor. As for the view, it was similar to flying through clouds - I couldn't see a single thing.

Very nice hotel though - and the Jin Mao Building (the hotel is in the top half) is just incredible. Amazing.

BUT.... it's in Pu Dong which is good if you have business there, but all the action is on the other side of the Bund. Getting to the other side is not that hard, there is a ferry quite near the Grand Hyatt, but when all's said and done, it does take 30 minutes.

PS: Don't even think about taking a taxi to get across the other side of the Bund - it's cheap but anywhere near peak hours, and it just takes forever. It took me over an hour to get from the Hyatt back to the Peace Hotel. Go the subway or ferry - more interesting as well.

[This message has been edited by MilesDependent (edited 06-20-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.