Wiki Posts
Search

Delays of flights to Eur from BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjerregaard
IsNoGood

Sorry but I have really problems to see the seat at your pic, btw the first link does not work.

btw. was the seat like this when you boarded or did it broke during the flight?
Ok, sorry about that, the seat was like this on the arrival to the plane, so before take off.

The metal you see is below the seat cushion, the tube frame has a sheet of metal going from the back to the front of the seat its the one you see its been ripped of the metal tube, its possible to see the point that was broken.

My guess is that this is easy to confirm from Thai staff was notifyed so I'm not worried about not being able to Prof my case

However tis is more about how they deal with the delayes and how they handle it for me and others and the fact that the hotel did not have rooms
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:01 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by IsNoGood
Ok, sorry about that, the seat was like this on the arrival to the plane, so before take off.

The metal you see is below the seat cushion, the tube frame has a sheet of metal going from the back to the front of the seat its the one you see its been ripped of the metal tube, its possible to see the point that was broken.

My guess is that this is easy to confirm from Thai staff was notifyed so I'm not worried about not being able to Prof my case

However tis is more about how they deal with the delayes and how they handle it for me and others and the fact that the hotel did not have rooms
Yes, but I still think it is terrible that they gave this seat to you or anyone else at checkin. If the flight was full Thai should have rerouted the passenger to another plane, before or after you boarded the plane.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:09 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by IsNoGood
You mean like my seat that was broken, not just not working the bottom was
out and I was to sit on the floor for 13h
I do have a cool photo if you like to see how what you get for 2500USD
Something isn't kosher with this story. Maybe some significant information has been left out? Do you mean that you actually were forced to sit on the floor for the entire flight? I would think this would be highly illegal and perhaps enough to yank TG's right to operate in the country you were flying to. An airline simply cannot do this. Most countries have strict laws about airline requirements for passengers and you must be given a normal seat with functioning seat belt, etc. Sitting on the floor during take-off, landing, or when the seat belt sign is on is simply not acceptable. If really this story is true as you posted then please report TG to the proper authorities. If they simply made a mistake about your seat and then reassigned you to a different working seat, then that's an entirely different story and you should clarify that.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A_Lee
Something isn't kosher with this story. Maybe some significant information has been left out? Do you mean that you actually were forced to sit on the floor for the entire flight? I would think this would be highly illegal and perhaps enough to yank TG's right to operate in the country you were flying to. An airline simply cannot do this. Most countries have strict laws about airline requirements for passengers and you must be given a normal seat with functioning seat belt, etc. Sitting on the floor during take-off, landing, or when the seat belt sign is on is simply not acceptable. If really this story is true as you posted then please report TG to the proper authorities. If they simply made a mistake about your seat and then reassigned you to a different working seat, then that's an entirely different story and you should clarify that.
Well I'm not sure what information you feel is left out, the fact is that my wife and I swapped the seats she is after all a bit smaller, but she was in the seat 13h. seat did have seat belt, and if your a small person or a kid you might not even find out about the broken seat, I'm 140Kg I felt it..

Flight staff was asking about moving me, however as all the seat was full, I'm not sure to what location they might think they was able to offer?, as we travel with 2 kids its not practical to move even if it had been possible.

Facts are they ones more, this being the 3rd time out of 5 flights gave me a seat that was not working and they ground handling and clearing for flight operation just don't care about anything.... not who was in the seat or why

Complaint was lodged with TG in the weekend until now I have no answer
for this or the other complains ( 4 )

If you feel you missing some information let me know...
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:30 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
What information did you leave out? Well, for starters the information you just made in your last post. From your previous post I thought you had to sit on the floor for the entire flight but now you indicate that the seat was actually occupied with your wife. You said that a small person might not even realize the seat was broken. I couldn't make out anything from the picture you posted and based on your description I thought the entire bottom of the seat was missing and there was no way anyone, no matter what size, could even sit in it. But if some people wouldn't even notice it was broken, maybe TG didn't even know about it until you informed them if previously a small person occupied the seat on the previous flight.

So I think you've now given enough information that we can understand what happened and for me it's not nearly as bad as I imagined based on your first post. What I imagined the seat looked like and what I imagined you did I couldn't understand how you or any FTer would have even agreed to fly with that seat but now see that it wasn't nearly as big of a deal as I initially thought.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:45 am

I can't imagine a 140kg passenger feeling comfortable in any economy seat, let alone a "broken" one.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A_Lee
but now see that it wasn't nearly as big of a deal as I initially thought.
Well if a 100 Failed seat is not a big deal I gladly swap it with you next time I get one

However bottom of seat was gone any person with a plus 60Kg will sink down
about 30cm ( the floor )

Happy flying
Old Aug 1, 2008, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moocherx
I can't imagine a 140kg passenger feeling comfortable in any economy seat, let alone a "broken" one.
Sure that's why we always go Bizz or Eco Delux Seat are in general to small
for a 200Cm guy

Flying use to be fun, now its worry about number of things from bronken seat to being harresed by sub human security staff

Thai use to be better, if they think they keep a person like me becouse of a gold card they wrong my 300K miles a year is slowy move away
Old Aug 1, 2008, 2:02 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
This topic has gone way OT by now.

According to TG they are performing C and D checks on several 747s this summer. TG has chosen to let ARN, CPH and MUC suffer this time. Delays will hopefully end in late august.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:22 am

Was booked on 960 to ARN on the 30th, connecting from SIN. Checking-in at SIN, I asked if they had any info on the status of 960 and was cynical of the "it's still showing as on time" response. Well to be fair, it was about 7 hours to STD at that point (I got to the airport early).

Arriving in BKK, I was relieved to see that the 960 was indeed on-time and the unlucky pax that day were on 950 as well as the CDG flight (sorry, being selfish here) One was delayed till 0730hrs, the other till 0800hrs. One thing to highlight - only at ONE of the flight info monitors in the terminal did they tape on a sheet of paper announcing the delay, the flight info screens merely listed the flights at the revised departure times with no remarks. Pax were also asked to proceed to the transfer desks after like 2230hrs to get more info/assistance.

Anyway, to end the story - made it to ARN on time. And BTW, the flight was pretty much full in Y.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:20 am

With sympathy for what IsNoGood went though, I thank Gustaf for putting this thread back on topic.

Checking flightstats.com, TG 950 was actually 19 minutes early today, as opposed to 300+ minutes late over the past several days.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bomania
With sympathy for what IsNoGood went though, I thank Gustaf for putting this thread back on topic.

Checking flightstats.com, TG 950 was actually 19 minutes early today, as opposed to 300+ minutes late over the past several days.
Right sorry, I guess it me that move it away from the delays,,
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
If TG has been aware of this in advance why did they not just re-schedule the flights to next morning during this period? Then the pax could have planned accordingly and saved the irritation by being stranded in the airport in the night and being stowed away in Novotel and TG could have saved the hotel rooms. I should be possible for TG to get new slots for these couple of flights.

I am on TG951 once again next week. The normally long lay-over in CPH should absorb most of the delay in case the flight is late and I should be able to make my connection to HAN next morning.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BHIL
If TG has been aware of this in advance why did they not just re-schedule the flights to next morning during this period? Then the pax could have planned accordingly and saved the irritation by being stranded in the airport in the night and being stowed away in Novotel and TG could have saved the hotel rooms. I should be possible for TG to get new slots for these couple of flights.
I cant say how much I agree, this in light of the no rooms in the hotel that we got, and we was traveling with 2 kids other was in the same situation
and in the end like us required to be returned into the airport.

I guess this is the "normal" Thai planning but I don't know much about how to run a airline but I do know common senses, this looks like a failed to me, in all the the possible ways
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Seems like TG is really rubbish at just rescheduling flights but instead annoying pax like this. Sounds like another bad case of "This is Thailand".
If C and D checks are causing these disruptions then they really do seem to be stretched for equipment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.