Wiki Posts
Search

Joining date query

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: ROP Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Joining date query

Hi just a quick question: I have a Gold card and my girlfriend is just about to join Thai ROP as she has just collected 16,000 miles so will get silver. My question is whether she should join on a specific date - i.e. December or if it matters. I know that it is beneficial for Gold qualification but not sure for actual joining?

Cheers
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by tjthai
she has just collected 16,000 miles so will get silver.
I don't think there is any way to credit flights to ROP if they were flown before your sign up date. If she just flew 16,000 miles but you didn't already sign her up then it's too late for her to get those miles. If she is still going to fly then I think January is the best month to sign up if she wants to qualify for gold under the 80,000 miles in two year method. I don't know of any other reason though to sign up in January rather than now or December. If trying to qualify for gold either way, the 16,000 mile flight should come next year rather than this year if possible because it will just be wasted this year unless she can fly at least 40,000 miles between now and December 31. Of course if she's already flown it or if her schedule requires her to fly this year then there's not much you can do about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.