Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Int RT will get Star silver status?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2007, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mostly Mileage Plus (UGS) + AAdvantage (Gold)
Question One Int RT will get Star silver status?

I was just fumbling around different *S airlines qualifying criteria, and I see that TG has only a 10K QM threshold for Star Silver Status.

Isn't that a little too generous? I mean everyone taking a JFK-BKK RT would become Star Alliance silver members!!!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Actually, BKK-AKL/FRA/CDG/LHR/ZRH/CPG... will get about 11,000 miles in 1 go and thus ROP S / *S.

Regarding BKK-JFK on THAI - of course, they'd need to accrue their miles to THAI to become ROP Silver, which might not suit all passengers...

However, the benefits are ... well ... not much. If you fly THAI as ROP S you get an extra 10kgs baggage allowance, which is nice. And a nice 3000 mile bonus. But that's it.

On attaining Silver status you will receive your personalised membership card, a Member’s Handbook, and 3,000 threshold bonus miles.

Exclusively on THAI

Priority baggage handling and an extra 10 kilograms baggage allowance (except where luggage allowance is determined by piece) on all THAI flights.

Star Alliance airlines

Priority reservation waitlisting and airport standby* on all fully booked flights.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed "silver" status varies greatly among airlines. basically no advantage on TG. But on BA silver status means a lot (access to lounges etc...) and is very roughly equivalent to "gold" on TG.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I don't think that it is useful trying to compare colour levels between different Alliances!

Much more meaningful to do it between airlines of a single Alliance....
Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
AC *S gives you business class check-in
Old Oct 13, 2007, 6:04 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
UA *S also give Business class check-in and priority boarding and Y+ seating.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:06 am

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by dfs24
UA *S also give Business class check-in and priority boarding and Y+ seating.
But no US domestic lounge access!
Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
You can easily get JK (spanair) silver status and you will gain access to JK lounges, priority boarding, 20 KG more luggage and business class check-in when flying JK + 15% discount when renting a car from Hertz and 25% discount when you reach gold.

Aint life great?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.