Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai airways airmiles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2007, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Angry Thai airways airmiles

Does anyone know why it so difficult to claim airmiles these days.
Tell the travl agent your FF number when you book.
Take your original boarding cards and a copy of your ticket to the local Thai airways office or post to Bankok.
Still no airmiles.
Does anyone have any suggestions, explanations or had the same experience.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by adewunmi
Does anyone know why it so difficult to claim airmiles these days.
Tell the travl agent your FF number when you book.
Take your original boarding cards and a copy of your ticket to the local Thai airways office or post to Bankok.
Still no airmiles.
Does anyone have any suggestions, explanations or had the same experience.
Welcome to FT, adewunmi!

For being able to help you, please specify. What airline(s) are you talking about? Flights from where to where? Do you have status? Crediting TG flights to your TG account shouldn´t be so difficult. Please elaborate...

F.R.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
I have never had a problem with my ROP miles being posted when I've bought the tickets from the Thai website. Once I didn't get the miles for a BKK-Chiang Mai roundtrip when I booked with a Thai travel agent. I simply sent Thai Airways an email telling them problem, giving the dates and flight numbers and asking if they wanted me to send copies of the boarding passes. The miles posted a few days later without the boarding passes.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: Thai Airways ROP *G; British Airways Executive Club Silver
On the two occasions that it's happened to me I've had my miles credited relatively quickly. Best thing to do is to call ROP, give them details about your flights and then send in the boarding cards etc. Sometimes they may even just settle for a fax.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Don't rely too much on your travel agent!

The most important step is when you check-in and receive you boarding pass. I still always hand over my frequent flyer card and ask them to check the number is entered, AND then check the boarding pass. This is especially important if you wantthe miles to go to a different program (ie fly TG, accrue mile to SQ).

Of course, I try and keep every boarding pass as well in case miles do not post, but THAI have been pretty good in my experience.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:32 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Of course, I try and keep every boarding pass as well in case miles do not post, but THAI have been pretty good in my experience.
TG are very good, BUT do as Thai-Kiwi suggest, keep your boarding pass, and if you need to verify the flight at a later stage, make sure you copy the pass for your records.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Welcome to FT, adewunmi!

For being able to help you, please specify. What airline(s) are you talking about? Flights from where to where? Do you have status? Crediting TG flights to your TG account shouldn´t be so difficult. Please elaborate...

F.R.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Royal Orchid Plus airmiles

Thanks for all the replies there are a range of experiences.
For more information. I did show my card at the check in desk. My FF number does appear on the boarding cards but as I say, still no airmiles.
There seems to be a difference for the passengers who check in online they seem to have no problems
My ticket is purchased in colaboration between me and a company so this is not an option.

Any more comments gratefully received
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Its strange that it does not show up. You may want to check that the fare can accure mile or check for any restrictions. I suggest you call them up, or the walk into their office with the ORIGINAL boarding pass and your ticket. Don't rely on a travel agent to do that unless you know the agent well.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: Thai Airways ROP *G; British Airways Executive Club Silver
Yes I agree it's strange if your FF number was printed on the boarding card but you still didn't receive the miles. Can you tell us what the booking fare code was? As far as I'm aware, not all flights are eligible for mileage accrual.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Airmiles

Thanks again for all the replies

I have finally received a response from Thai Airways. It seems that the reason my miles were not credited was because the travel agent made the booking using my surname and initials. Thai Airways have recently changed their procedures and bookings must be made with surname and first name to receive miles automatically.

So there we have it if anyone else has the same problems this is probably the cause. What is surprising is that so few people seem to be aware of this little technicality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.