Wiki Posts
Search

HKT-BKK Which 747 is used?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
HKT-BKK Which 747 is used?

Hi, I'm looking at a biz flight from HKT to BKK next month and would like to know what 747s are usually used for TG 202 and 217... what is the chance for a new config one? On the outbound I still can't decide whether to take TG202 or TG609 which is on a A330.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 5:57 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I think most TG Frequent Flyers will tell you that it varies widely and you cannot reliably predict whether you'll get a new configuration 747 or an old one. Heck, you can't even be assured that you'll get a 747, as TG is famous for last-minute aircraft substitutions. When I took the evening 747 flight a month ago, I got my hopes up when I spotted a shiny new (looking) 747 at HKT with the new livery. Alas, old seats in Business on the Upper Deck. And it was packed, every Business Class seat taken, not even a prayer of the rumored "close the upper deck and seat 'em in First" routine.

On balance, worth Business for the lounge and the roomier seat. But I wouldn't count on getting the new configuration long-haul seats in any case. If they do turn up, nice bonus.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
If the equipment is listed as 747 all passenger series, its old config. From what I know, the new config is usually scheduled to HKT on all 747 flights. However, subject to changes.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Well, I just booked the flights anyhow. Although the A330 flight later that day would have been better for me time-wise I chose the 747 now. You just never know It's been ages since I took Thai the last time, but they seem as unpredictable as always

Thanks for the answers anyways ^
Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I was on TG217 a couple of days ago and it was the new config. I had a nice F seat in 2K !!
Hoping for the same tomorrow on the return with TG218 !
Old Jun 29, 2007, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I was on TG217 a couple of days ago and it was the new config. I had a nice F seat in 2K !!
Hoping for the same tomorrow on the return with TG218 !
What seats does Thai fill up first C or F? And how do you get the F seat instead of that boring C one?
Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:37 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I think that the seats are filled up only if C is fully filled and there are more passengers, otherwise, it will be closed. Also, maybe its for full fare C passengers, though I doubt it as its such a short flight. Lastly, maybe a ROP gold would have advantage in getting it, or else you can just request.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
There were plenty of seats in C on the maindeck but 3 pax (incl. myself) got the F seat. I am on a full fare C ticket with my BD*G card.

I am now at the HKT lounge on my way back to BKK (flight delayed again...) and also got a seat in the F section (3A). Perhaps they stick *G's on full fare into the F section ? Nice anyway, even though it is just a 1h hop.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Plat, SwissBel Gold
Lots of anwers

I've done that run many time oin a 47 and is has always been the one with single flat beds in F with a double row in the middle in the rear of the cabin. Main deck Bus is 2 and 2 with the starboard area used as a galley. As to seating in F it is by status. I'm UA 1K Mill Miler so they tell me I will always ge4t in to the F seat. Just the other day there was a pretty full plane, it is a 1 stop to HKT from Euroland and of course there were some Backpackers who tried to SUG (airline speak for Self Up Graders) who promptly go the boot. I can also say that I have noticed people in F in TG Dom are all nicely dressed. No shorts on the men and no Bar Girl outfits on the females...

I seem to catch the 47's often as they fit my schedule... BTW, no 47's from Don Muang infact a cabin crew mentioned that only the older planes are seen at DMK!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.