Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smile! You're on camera

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, NW Gold and various other bits of plastic...
Smile! You're on camera

I came through Suvarnabhumi yesterday afternoon (Thursday) and noticed that the cameras that were taking photos at Immigration in Don Muang have been set up and were being used. They weren't there when I came through 2 weeks earlier.

I arrived on TG from Jakarta at around the same time as a London flight was disgorging its passengers so it took around 40mins to clear Immigration

A friend arrived on CX from Hong Kong yesterday evening and didn't face anything like as long a wait at Immigration so I may have been unlucky in my timing.

I didn't bother asking why they were taking my photo and I wasn't able to see if they were still able to pull up my last photo from Don Muang for comparison.

OT: The problems with the baggage scanners didn't seem to have any effect on inbound bags - the belt for the Jakarta flight was showing "Last Bag" by the time I got through Immigration. I wouldn't have expected the scanning to have an effect because I assume inbound bags don't go through the CTX machines but I was wondering if the general baggage system would be in chaos behind the scenes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.