Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Cheap tickets on TG with traveltech2000.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I found an advertisement of this travel agent in a bangkok newspaper. They sell cheap C and F tickets from Bangkok. Has anyone had an experience with them?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: some
Yes, in the sense that I have emailed them several times indicating I wanted to buy C RTW tickets and never got a reply. I then rang them and they were so unbelievably disinterested. They also seemed to have no clue about ticketing rules etc so I steered well clear of them.

I guess the trick is to know who to talk to and develop a good working relationship with that person.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:10 pm

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
I tried to buy a ticket from them once and they responded to my email with a price quote but then never responded again after I told them to go ahead and make the reservation and let me know how to pay for the ticket. Sounds like their lack of responding to customers is par for the course.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: TG Gold, NW Gold and various other bits of plastic...
I purchased some tickets with traveltech2000.com for Cathay Pacific flights from BKK > HKG > LAX in Y about 1 year ago.

They gave me a good price for my ticket and it went smoothly. However, before flying, I needed to purchase tickets for my wife and son for the same trip and it was not so smooth (the original plan was for me to travel alone). It took some time for traveltech2000.com to confirm that there were still seats available at the same price as mine and when I emailed back to confirm the flights, the person I was dealing with had gone on holiday for a week without an out-of-office reply and without anyone else checking his emails. When he came back from his holiday, Cathay had cancelled the reservation because it had not been confirmed!

Fortunately I was One World Emerald at the time and the Cathay Pacific office in Bangkok did a great job to clear the waitlist ^^ so I could get the seats but traveltech2000.com were no help with that.

I would consider using them again because it was a good price for the tickets but I'd recommend calling them rather than expecting results by email.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 1:52 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Hmmm. My experience has been far different. I have used them for about 15 tickets and have never had a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.