Search

Thai Airways Ugrading Seat ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2005, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Thai Airways Ugrading Seat ???

Hi,
Is someone knows if TG plan to upgrading their seat on all aircraft beacause they are 2 genaration late compair to aother company.
I leave in Bangkok and I try to avoid flyng with them because of their Horrible BC seats ...
Old Jun 20, 2005, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mat_bkk
Hi,
Is someone knows if TG plan to upgrading their seat on all aircraft beacause they are 2 genaration late compair to aother company.
I leave in Bangkok and I try to avoid flyng with them because of their Horrible BC seats ...

They are already upgrading F and J with flat beds but it will take them quite a while. Moreover, all the new A340-600s will be equipped with the new seats.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 2:06 am
Original Poster

They dont't provide a Shedule ?
I think excepted JFK and some other destination they still have a VERY VERY old seat !
Old Jun 21, 2005, 4:09 am

Programs: LH FTL, SPG Plat., Hilton HH Gold
Hi,

have a look here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441952

As far as I know it's only the 340s and one 747 (HS-TGJ) with the new seats in C and F at the moment. HS-TGJ is mainly flying BKK-FRA as TG920/921. I will fly with the new F at the end of week... Will give feedback once I am back!

There is also a difference between old and very old seats. More infos and pics can also be found in TG forum!

Last edited by LH FTL; Jun 21, 2005 at 4:11 am
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Completion of the installation of the new seats is scheduled to occur at the same time the new airport in Bangkok opens, which Taksin guarantees will be in September...
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Completion of the installation of the new seats is scheduled to occur at the same time the new airport in Bangkok opens, which Taksin guarantees will be in September...
That is quite a good news ... I am sure that you mean September 2015 ?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:38 am

no the positions are changing....opening most likely in mid/late 2006? definitely not 2005
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
keep him by his word ! Iam shure they start and land a TG Jet in september 2005, so they can say the new airport is open. But Sqeduled flights will not be there until summer next year.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by bertheike
keep him by his word ! Iam shure they start and land a TG Jet in september 2005, so they can say the new airport is open. But Sqeduled flights will not be there until summer next year.
yeah, you are probably right, they will probably land a plane in the new airport to demonstrate soft "opening", but no regular flights until summer 2006
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by Trajan
no the positions are changing....opening most likely in mid/late 2006? definitely not 2005
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the seat upgrades won't be delayed as long (though I won't hold my breath). I'm flying LAX-BKK in first in mid-September (listed as on a 747-400), and it would be nice to enjoy the new equipment.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:55 pm

Sorry...not a chance in...well, the place where the devil is supposed to live.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:51 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by twa777
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the seat upgrades won't be delayed as long (though I won't hold my breath). I'm flying LAX-BKK in first in mid-September (listed as on a 747-400), and it would be nice to enjoy the new equipment.
As Always Flyin was saying ... this appears highly unlikely. Sorry. Just hope for the 14 seat version to at least have a somewhat decent seat. As TG is notoriously known for its always well received equipment shuffle game you can never be sure.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:15 am

Since TG, uh, occassionally, does some strange things, are they first converting the 18-seat first class configuration aircraft to the new suites, or are they converting some of the 14-seaters before they get to all of the 18-seaters?

You would like this think that they will do all of the 18-seaters first, but this being TG, I thought I would ask...
Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:31 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
The plan is to convert all the 18-seaters first. That's 9 aircrafts. Then 3 of the 14-seaters will be converted. The remaining 6 aircrafts will be left in 14-seater configuration.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: Everyone!
I am also booked on the dreaded BKK-LAX route in Business Class in March 2006. Does anyone really think the seats will be fixed by then?

If not, I may look at other alternatives - those look like coach seats with a little extra legroom!!

Thanks in advance!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.