Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-BKK premium economy - which seat?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

JFK-BKK premium economy - which seat?

What seat would you recommend for JFK-BKK on A345 in premium economy. It seems 31 B and J are blocked out on the seat maps for some reason. I'm thinking 31 K - is that claustrophic close to the bulkhead? I've seen some reviews with photos but it is hard to make out the best seat.

Many thanks!
Old May 13, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Gold
what airline?

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
What seat would you recommend for JFK-BKK on A345 in premium economy. It seems 31 B and J are blocked out on the seat maps for some reason. I'm thinking 31 K - is that claustrophic close to the bulkhead? I've seen some reviews with photos but it is hard to make out the best seat.

Many thanks!
Old May 13, 2005, 9:32 pm

Programs: Star going on Oneworld
What airline do you think flies between BKK-JFK on an A345, and the poster posted this information on the THAI AIRWAYS forum?

I'd go look at this seat map to find out.

http://www.thaiair.com/Travel_Destin...ps/A3452_l.htm
Old May 14, 2005, 11:42 am

Row 31 seats have the video screen in the armrest

Row 31 seats have the video screen in the armrest so they are a little narrower.

I sat in row 32 and was very comfortable. From JFK I sat in 32j (I think), the aisle seat on the starbord side. On the return, I sat in 32d and had the 3 seats to my self. Unfortunately, with these seats, none of the armrests go up, but having room to spread out my junk was nice. In all the rows except 31 the video screen is on the seatback in front, so I think these are a little wider than the row 31 seats. I was planning on sitting in one of the row 31 seats to check it out, but never did.

Last edited by BDLBKK; May 15, 2005 at 2:41 am Reason: to correct seat number
Old May 14, 2005, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Exclamation

Originally Posted by WildRice
What airline do you think flies between BKK-JFK on an A345, and the poster posted this information on the THAI AIRWAYS forum?

I'd go look at this seat map to find out.

http://www.thaiair.com/Travel_Destin...ps/A3452_l.htm
Have to agree with you WildRice, the question was quite clear maybe Sokol being a relative new comer doesnt understand FT speak .

Anyway in Premium Economy I would avoid the first row 31 due to narrower seats and the last row slightly limted sear recline. All other rows would be about the same.
-UFFA
Old May 15, 2005, 4:50 am

I booked 31K for both JFK-BKK and BKK-JFK. I figure the small difference in width is a fair trade-off for not having a seat reclining in front of me, which brings me to the question... is there a difference in recline between economy and premium economy? On the US Thai website, it says both have a recline of 122 degrees, but on a Thai press release, it claims premium economy has a recline of 135 degrees. I hope it's the latter since that is like old-style business class for many airlines. If that's the case, being in the first row would help in that a seat reclining at 135 degrees wouldn't be in your lap. Any comments from those that have flown the flight already? Thanks!
Old May 15, 2005, 5:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Just looking closely at that seatmap from WildRice, it looks as though row 31 might be a bit lacking in the window department, with only one that is quite far forward?
Old May 15, 2005, 10:41 am

Seat Bottom slides forward as seat reclines

Originally Posted by nyuboy
I booked 31K for both JFK-BKK and BKK-JFK. I figure the small difference in width is a fair trade-off for not having a seat reclining in front of me, which brings me to the question... is there a difference in recline between economy and premium economy? On the US Thai website, it says both have a recline of 122 degrees, but on a Thai press release, it claims premium economy has a recline of 135 degrees. I hope it's the latter since that is like old-style business class for many airlines. If that's the case, being in the first row would help in that a seat reclining at 135 degrees wouldn't be in your lap. Any comments from those that have flown the flight already? Thanks!
I mentioned in another thread that the Premium economy seat slides forward a little bit as you recline. The way that this moves and the 42" pitch help to avoid the seat in your lap feeling when the guy in front reclines. I didn't find it an issue at all and I am 6' 1" and not thin.

I found the degree of recline sufficient, but I doubt it was 135 degrees. I don't know if it was any different than in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.