FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-BKK premium economy - which seat?
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2005, 10:41 am
BDLBKK

Seat Bottom slides forward as seat reclines

Originally Posted by nyuboy
I booked 31K for both JFK-BKK and BKK-JFK. I figure the small difference in width is a fair trade-off for not having a seat reclining in front of me, which brings me to the question... is there a difference in recline between economy and premium economy? On the US Thai website, it says both have a recline of 122 degrees, but on a Thai press release, it claims premium economy has a recline of 135 degrees. I hope it's the latter since that is like old-style business class for many airlines. If that's the case, being in the first row would help in that a seat reclining at 135 degrees wouldn't be in your lap. Any comments from those that have flown the flight already? Thanks!
I mentioned in another thread that the Premium economy seat slides forward a little bit as you recline. The way that this moves and the 42" pitch help to avoid the seat in your lap feeling when the guy in front reclines. I didn't find it an issue at all and I am 6' 1" and not thin.

I found the degree of recline sufficient, but I doubt it was 135 degrees. I don't know if it was any different than in economy.