Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Let's face is TG service on short international, full flights, in Y is rubbish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's face is TG service on short international, full flights, in Y is rubbish

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Trajan
I really find it hard to believe that a TG attendant complained to you that you asked...I've asked for drinks in econ and while they are sometimes genuinely too busy to get it for you right away (pre-food serving) on a full flight in econ section they get it to you soon enough...
Oh she complained alright. After asking me what I would like to drink. I HAD waited to be asked. No waving down, no call button. Certainly no smiles on this flight!

On board service on an LCC pretty darn good...? I didnt even have a chance to speak to an attendant (let alone ask prices or purchase anything)...its very much like a free-for-all very loud cattle car with what appeared to be first time tourists or even first time flyers .....LCCs also almost always never have the right times/dates I need and this is very important if its a time sensitive flight/meeting
Well Virgin Blue in Australia has a schedule nearly as big as Qantas the full service airline (between major cities). Lots of their customers are business travellers. Don't think it can't be done! (And my colleagues, going to their business meetings, seem to like the service they have to pay for on Virgin ...). I've been on Jetstar (8 times) and Ryan Air (2 times) - staff were fine on all flights and service was always very prompt but, of course, not free! But as I said, IMHO up to now, the in-flight service is the only good thing about LCCs.

um what? on the website TG promotional fares for this route in econ are Baht 5,200 round trip...just a few more mouse clicks...
<http://www.thaiairways.com/Promotions/Thailand_Promotions/aftershock_en.htm> I think that is competitive
What part of April didn't you understand?

not sure what your point is....lounge access is available for *G or biz class/first class passengers in transit too....
That LCCs are point-to-point carriers and that full service airlines can offer through connection services - not just in-flight service. Do you have a fixation with lounge access?

Last edited by Austman; Mar 7, 2005 at 7:05 am
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Austman
Oh she complained alright. After asking me what I would like to drink. I HAD waited to be asked. No waving down, no call button. Certainly no smiles on this flight!

Well Virgin Blue in Australia has a schedule nearly as big as Qantas the full service airline (between major cities). Lots of their customers are business travellers. Don't think it can't be done! (And my colleagues, goiing to their business meetings, seem to like the service they have to pay for ...). I've been on Jetstar and Ryan Air.

What part of April didn't you understand?

That LCCs are point-to-point carriers and that full service airlines can offer through connection services - not just in-flight service. Do you have a fixation with lounge access?
I am through discussing this point with you because it is clear that you would not be satisfied under any circumstances....I can just imagine what that poor attendant had to go through....
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:16 am
Original Poster

I am through discussing this point with you because it is clear that you would not be satisfied under any circumstances....I can just imagine what that poor attendant had to go through....
She really could not have cared less. I made no complaint at all to her. I accepted what she said.

Jet*Asia only commences flying BKK-SIN in a few weeks. Look at the prices. If the schedule suits why would you pay THB 2,500 + more? For what? Service on TG? FF points? Maybe And they will be next to go if TG has to reduces the prices to the LCC level. But that's another matter...

Last edited by Austman; Mar 7, 2005 at 7:29 am
Old Mar 7, 2005, 1:19 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Austman
Jet*Asia only commences flying BKK-SIN in a few weeks. Look at the prices. If the schedule suits why would you pay THB 2,500 + more? For what? Service on TG? FF points? Maybe And they will be next to go if TG has to reduces the prices to the LCC level. But that's another matter...
And they are going, as mentioned in another thread (a big mistake if you ask me - where is the incentive then, for all but business class or *G (Lounge access) passengers?)
Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Perhaps one model that Thai could consider for these shorter routes is the Qantas Citiflyer model. Qantas competes directly with the LCC Virgin Blue on these routes.

The QF Citiflyer domestic service, in Y, is a weekday service and offers newspapers, headphones, in-flight entertainment, always a snack - sometimes a meal, drinks at all times as well as wine (in quarter bottles) or beer after 4 pm. All that on flights that are sometimes 1 hour or less in the air, on aircraft as big as 767s and A330s. Nothing stellar but pretty good. If QF can do it, so can Thai (better).

Last edited by Austman; Mar 11, 2005 at 10:41 am
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:47 am
Original Poster

What a difference a flight can make.

Did the reverse KUL-BKK. Expected to be able to roast Thai a bit more! But... it was like flying a different airline!

This time: Genuine smiles and pleasant service all round. Smiling check-in staff, smiling lounge staff, warm greetings getting onto the plane. Headphones, newspapers, immigration forms all there. Great cheerful, pleasant crew. Near full 777-200 (the dreaded 10 across in Y, 8 across in J version ). Dinner served and cleared incredibly within 45 mins, not the 1 hour of running around beforehand this time. Even got 2.5 thimbles of wine! And even the meal presentation was better - this time all metal cutlery, not all plastic.

I still think the crew has to work too hard. And if there are lots of special meals or passenger requests they just can't do it all in time and then it goes wrong.

ps saw more AirAsia take-offs than any other airline at KLIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.