Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

KMG-CNX-BKK Can I go through immigration and custom in CNX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:52 pm
nlp
Original Poster

It's a direct flight from Kunming to Bangkok with one immediate stop in Chiang Mai. I have only a carry on bag and think it's better if I can check my passport and custom in Chiang Mai. So I would be able to go home quickly when arriving in Bangkok.

Any advice?
Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 4:30 am

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
Originally Posted by nlp
It's a direct flight from Kunming to Bangkok with one immediate stop in Chiang Mai. I have only a carry on bag and think it's better if I can check my passport and custom in Chiang Mai. So I would be able to go home quickly when arriving in Bangkok.

Any advice?
Thanks.
I think it should be possible but there might be a problem going back into the domestic departure without a boarding pass ex-CNX.
Going through immigration will be no problem though.
You might want to try and get the 2 boarding passes in Kumming but I doubt they would do it.
Good luck
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:37 pm
nlp
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I assume that the aircraft will be parked at the domestic terminal in Bangkok, won't it? So how can the separate the domestic and international passengers then? Isn't that confusing?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by nlp
Thanks for the reply. I assume that the aircraft will be parked at the domestic terminal in Bangkok, won't it? So how can the separate the domestic and international passengers then? Isn't that confusing?
When you dissembark at BKK there are separate buses waiting for both domestic and international passengers to bring them to the correct terminals.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:29 pm
nlp
Original Poster

Thanks!
Does that mean this flight is never parked at the gate?

Do they separate international and domestic passengers on the aircraft? If not, I think it's easy to bring something from Kunming into Thailand without passing through the custom people.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 12:28 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
The domestic flights are usually parked at the domestic gates. Connecting passengers from international terminal, however, will be paged to a bus gate in the international terminal and bussed to the domestic terminal.

TG will give you the "CIQ" sticker for you to put on your shirt to identify that you have not been cleared. That's it. In theory, you may be able to slip through customs in Chiang Mai but you'll get in trouble when trying to leave the country because the lack of inbound stamp in your passport.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by nlp
Thanks!
Does that mean this flight is never parked at the gate?

Do they separate international and domestic passengers on the aircraft? If not, I think it's easy to bring something from Kunming into Thailand without passing through the custom people.
The parking of TG aircraft is a great mistery to me. It will be parked where TG needs it next. It can be anywhere but if you are not parked at 'your' terminal, you will be bussed. They do it quite well and it can be quicker by bus than having to walk to immigration (sometimes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.