Wiki Posts
Search

*S access to which TG / LH lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Question *S access to which TG / LH lounge in BKK

I will be flying international into/out of BKK soon and wanted to know which lounge(s) I can access as Star Alliance Silver member? Can I use any of the TG business lounges (or *A lounges as stated in the M&M booklet?)
What can I expect from amenities?

Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:50 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
No lounge access for Star Silver unless travel in Business or First Class on a Star carrier.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
LH is an exception here re lounge access to their silver card holders.

This is from the M&M website...

Use of the Lufthansa Frequent Traveller and Business Class lounges worldwide only in conjunction with a Lufthansa flight or Star Alliance flight before departure.

So you'll be able to access the LH lounge at BKK (assuming they have a business one, not just a Senator lounge), but not the Thai ones.

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Aug 9, 2004 at 10:23 am
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:27 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Yep, nothing for silver and there is one pay lounge that I remember at BKK but dont remember how nice or costly it was. The TG star gold lounge can get quite busy depending on when you fly out so if LH doesnt have a lounge that allows silver I would just just plan on getting some last minute duty free shopping done (endless duty free shops but not much else) and perhaps hit the oxygen chair for a quick boost then head to the gate.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:27 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
What Swiss Tony said...

You can access the LH Business lounge near pier 4 in Terminal 2....open 8am to midnight.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:30 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yep, nothing for silver and there is one pay lounge that I remember at BKK but dont remember how nice or costly it was....
Thats the CIP/Louis Tavern Lounge that doubles up as the ANA/NW/Priority Pass lounge as well. IIRC it costs 650 baht, but you can get in for free if you have a Citbank Gold card.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Savage25
What Swiss Tony said...

You can access the LH Business lounge near pier 4 in Terminal 2....open 8am to midnight.
LH Business lounge it is then. Thanks you all for your great responses.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:50 am

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
save ur time time and forget the lh lounge in bangkok. take a coffee on a bar it's always better than the trashy lh-lounge looking like a uncleaned toilet

Originally Posted by floris_FRA
LH Business lounge it is then. Thanks you all for your great responses.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kenji
save ur time time and forget the lh lounge in bangkok. take a coffee on a bar it's always better than the trashy lh-lounge looking like a uncleaned toilet
I disagree. I found the LH lounge at BKK to be perfectly fine, though it doesn't have any windows. Much better than having to sit in the main terminal.

Of course it is not as nice at the Thai Airways 1st class lounge but it is more than acceptable! It is also very convenient for the gates LH normally uses for its flights.

If you want trashy, try the domestic TG lounge at BKK.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by House
I disagree. I found the LH lounge at BKK to be perfectly fine, though it doesn't have any windows. Much better than having to sit in the main terminal.

Of course it is not as nice at the Thai Airways 1st class lounge but it is more than acceptable! It is also very convenient for the gates LH normally uses for its flights.

If you want trashy, try the domestic TG lounge at BKK.
Since I will have close to 4 hours transit time, I hope to just be able to relax a little in the lounge and pass the time. I don't care if there are windows or not, as long as I can get something to drink and a reasonably comfy chair. If it turns into a zoo, I can always go to the general zoo outside and have a coffee somewhere else until things quieten down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.