Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on New TG F Lounge Closure?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Update on New TG F Lounge Closure?

I'll be flying thru BKK on the 31st of July, and in another thread I read that the new F lounge has been closed due to water damage. Can anyone offer an update as to whether/when the lounge will re-open, and what are the best alternatives for me, flying TG F class, with several hours between flights in the mid-afternoon?
I could change my flight to get a better connection if it's not worth visiting any lounge that day.
Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2004, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'll be flying thru BKK on the 31st of July, and in another thread I read that the new F lounge has been closed due to water damage. Can anyone offer an update as to whether/when the lounge will re-open, and what are the best alternatives for me, flying TG F class, with several hours between flights in the mid-afternoon?
I could change my flight to get a better connection if it's not worth visiting any lounge that day.
Thanks!

Greetings! The First Class Lounge near gate 51 is closed. However, the First Class Lounge near Gate 31 is still open. I used it earlier this month. It's a little walk from 51 but it's still worth the walk. Otherwise, you could still use either of the Business Classes Lounges. Cheers!
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by bnova72
Greetings! The First Class Lounge near gate 51 is closed. However, the First Class Lounge near Gate 31 is still open. I used it earlier this month. It's a little walk from 51 but it's still worth the walk. Otherwise, you could still use either of the Business Classes Lounges. Cheers!
Thanks for the update. Is this Gate 31 lounge a newer or older one? From what I understand, the Gate 51 lounge was beautiful, well equipped, etc. Does anyone know about Gate 31? Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Fully renovated, but I couldn't pick up a wireless signal I could log onto. But I had dial-up access and they had a couple of public terminals.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Fully renovated, but I couldn't pick up a wireless signal I could log onto. But I had dial-up access and they had a couple of public terminals.
Greetings! Yes, I agree with Always Flyin that this old First Class Lounge has been renovated. I needed to take a shower before my connecting flight and was completely surprised by the updated shower in First. You have L'Occitane amenities and a very spacious facilties to use. The renovated space is indeed quite peaceful and nice. I would recommend using it over the UA or SQ lounges. Of course, this is only one person's experience. I hope this information is helpful.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Well, I answered my own question about this today at Don Muang. The new TG F Class Lounge (near gate 51) is still closed, though the C Class section is open. According to the agent at the desk, the F side will open in "5 or 2 days". Gotcha. So don't hold your breath, but in a week or so I'd at least take a gander to see if it's been re-opened. If you're flying SQ in F out of one of the high-numbered gates, it's a lot nicer than the SQ F lounge, which is pretty basic.
So I ventured to another TG F lounge, the one mentioned earlier by bnova72, located next to immigration in Terminal 1, near gate 31.
It's absolutely gorgeous, just like (from the outside, at least) the damaged one by gate 51. Very smooth, luxurious, and quiet in the mid-afternoon, I was the only customer for the first 45 minutes I was there. I was offered (almost pressured--and thank god, because it was excellent!) a massage, a choice between a foot massage and head/shoulders massage. Complimentary, though I read that the free massages were supposed to end around July 26th, on July 31st they were still free.
Nice selection of food and drinks, though not self-service, so you need to ask for everything (more classy, yes, but if you're hungry you might be a little self-conscious) I saw fresh fruit, cheeses, sandwiches, savory pastries, as well as a huge assortment of sweets--Haagen Dazs ice cream packs, probably 20-30 kinds of cookies/cakes/pastries/Thai desserts, etc. Very friendly, classy staff, too.
No wireless internet yet, but two computers with Broadband internet available. Nice bathrooms, didn't check out showers, but I think there are some too.
A HUGE improvement over SQ, LH, and UA lounges at BKK. Have fun!
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:21 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
And if you prefer the view of the tarmac, you can try the airside TG F lounge. It's just a short walk from the main lounge near gate 31. Nice view but small.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 2:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
I am in one for the new TG F lounges now...I asked one of the people here what the nearest gate is and he said 22...I am too lazy to walk out to check...

Anyway, its a nice lounge and certainly new...they said 3 months old...but there is a repair crew that just walked in as the roof started leaking water heavily after I walked in...must be me as the first heavy rains in BKK started after I landed yesterday...correlation?
Old Aug 5, 2004, 10:55 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
And I just read in the Sawasdee in-flight magazine that TG now offers the use of portable DVD player in the Royal First Class lounges at Bangkok. This is pretty useful for a long layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.