Search

OT - carry on bags with BKK Air

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2004, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
OT - carry on bags with BKK Air

I know this is off topic, but searches drew blanks...

Does anyone know how rigorous PG is with carry on policy. I know the bins on ATRs aren't that big, but what's the score? We're connecting from EK C class, and have the same PNR right through. Any ideas if this will help?

Also - just out of interest - will EK issue boarding passes for the PG sector too? (tickets are issued on EK stock)

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I know this is off topic, but searches drew blanks...

Does anyone know how rigorous PG is with carry on policy. I know the bins on ATRs aren't that big, but what's the score? We're connecting from EK C class, and have the same PNR right through. Any ideas if this will help?

Also - just out of interest - will EK issue boarding passes for the PG sector too? (tickets are issued on EK stock)

Thanks in advance
Never travelled on a through ticket with PG, but the storage space is very small and had to have my carry on bags taken away and stored. In addition on the ATR they have been known to be quite ruthless with weighing checked baggage and then making you pay a fee for everything over a limit (not sure maybe as low as 15kg). It can be a real pain coming off longhaul J or F then on with PG.

Thus its been a while since I have done this, so YMMV. Normally this would be something to take up with the airline selling you the ticket but with EK not so sure how far this will get you. Incidentally what type of aircraft do EK use DXB-BKK?
Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

EK seem to have 2 flights a day - one a 777, the other a 330, both in J-Y config. Have managed to get the 777 both ways :-)

I bought the tickets through a TA, but was interested to see that although the PG ticket is separate, it's "issued by" EK and shares the same PNR.

Essentially it's not a big deal, as we'll each have close on 10kgs (but that's all carry-on). Only thing is I don't want to check my laptop, so it might be worth taking 2 bags instead (EK C policy is for 2 bags...)

Thanks for the info - again will post back what happens...
Old May 4, 2004, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No problems at all on PG with the 10kgs of carry on. Their policy is 5kgs and it should fit into a standard gague 'box' which looked the same size as the BA ones (which the bags would have done).

The 717 had loads of room for our bags, but the ATR was a bit of a squeeze - one in the o/h bin, the other underneath the seats in front, so no leg room, but it was only a 1hr flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.