Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to purchase preferred seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
You need to go Services, then Additional Services (yellow bell symbol), then Seat Select.

Then select your seat, and then continue to save and then exit. I did this for my brother a few weeks ago.

Try using the app or another *A website (like SAS or LH).
Thanks again for the help. I've tried Thai app but it was giving me the same error messages. I went to LH app and without any problems I was able to get two seats together I had no idea that you can jump between the apps to play with the seats. Lufthansa app would let me select the meals too (didn't do it, I want to be surprised), Thai app would be grayed out saying that the meals cannot be selected.
My wife will be so happy. First time half the world in business class

Thanks again for your help Thai-Kiwi !
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
If I'm on a low fare class (V) that excludes advanced selection of seats in the forward cabin (aircraft type is 788), will I be able to select those seats at OLCI?
Probably not. Best chance is at physical check-in.
FWIW, I was able to choose seats in the forward cabin at OLCI.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
FWIW, I was able to choose seats in the forward cabin at OLCI.
Great 😀

We are on a W class fare on an international A320, and at OLCI earlier today was still unable to select forward cabin - well just a couple of seats in row 43. We are 5 pax so have stayed where we are further back in row 50, which was as far forward as initially allowed.

I suppose that means our flight had opened the front cabin to all pax, but the flight had recently suddenly filled up according to ExpertFlyer, so I guess the front cabin was simply filled by other pax rather than my group being restricted to the rear cabin.

I’ll ask at physical check tomorrow morning…

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 3, 2024 at 5:13 am
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:35 am

Please report back! We still have a return flight next week. I'm hoping that we'll also be able to choose seats in the forward cabin for that flight too.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please report back! We still have a return flight next week. I'm hoping that we'll also be able to choose seats in the forward cabin for that flight too.
As suspected, flight is simply full. We are happy enough down the back.

TG using the Le Saigonaisse Lounge (behind Burger King). Check-in staff issued the old school separate lounge entry card stamped with THAI. I was made to choose which family member would get the guest entry card - my adult kids thought this was hilarious as I feigned not immediately selecting Mrs TK 😎
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:37 am

As suspected, flight is simply full. We are happy enough down the back.

TG using the Le Saigonaisse Lounge (behind Burger King). Check-in staff issued the old school separate lounge entry card stamped with THAI. I was made to choose which family member would get the guest entry card - my adult kids thought this was hilarious as I feigned not immediately selecting Mrs TK 😎
Which airport was this?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which airport was this?
Sorry, SGN (Ho Chi Minh)
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:59 am

Once again was able to choose forward cabin seats on a W fare at OLCI.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I was able to book a preferred seat but looks like TG changed the plan from A350 to 787-8. The various seat maps says 32" pitch, but the AC website seat map says "extra space". Does the preferred seat in 787-8 in section B have any extra legroom vs the standard seats in section C?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opus2002
I was able to book a preferred seat but looks like TG changed the plan from A350 to 787-8. The various seat maps says 32" pitch, but the AC website seat map says "extra space". Does the preferred seat in 787-8 in section B have any extra legroom vs the standard seats in section C?
Why would you look at the AC website?

I sat in the second row of economy (row 32) on the 788 earlier this month. Row 31 is a bulkhead row in Zone B, and in my estimation would have less leg room than the exit row (row 48) of Zone C.

THAI: https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exper...raft/787.page?
Aerolopa: https://www.aerolopa.com/tg-788
opus2002 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Why would you look at the AC website?

I sat in the second row of economy (row 32) on the 788 earlier this month. Row 31 is a bulkhead row in Zone B, and in my estimation would have less leg room than the exit row (row 48) of Zone C.

THAI: https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exper...raft/787.page?
Aerolopa: https://www.aerolopa.com/tg-788
I booked a flight via AC website. During seat selection, I did look at the two websites above, and don't see any difference in pitch. Wife wants to put bag under the seat, so no bulkhead sets for us.

Interestingly, before I book, AC website showed only 4 economy seats available. After I book, it showed one seat available. So, I guess there are times that they would release extra seat then.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opus2002
I booked a flight via AC website. During seat selection, I did look at the two websites above, and don't see any difference in pitch. Wife wants to put bag under the seat, so no bulkhead sets for us.

Interestingly, before I book, AC website showed only 4 economy seats available. After I book, it showed one seat available. So, I guess there are times that they would release extra seat then.
As far as I can recall, all the preferred seats are either bulkhead or exit, so no opportunity to put a bag under the row in front in case (Mrs TK prefers the same). THAI doesn’t have a section of seats like UA’s ‘Economy Plus’ or AirNZ ‘Stretch’ which (only) have a greater seat pitch than other rows.

I think, but can’t confirm, that the seat pitch for all other rows is the same. The 788 in Y seems tighter than in the 77W or 359.
opus2002 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.