Search

Thai Smile merging with THAI

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2023, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I believe Thai Smile is still just a Connecting Partner. 😊
That is what I meant, that WE is a (quite limited) Connecting Partner. The WE website is a bit poorly worded 😱
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 11:27 am

All I want from the merger is for them to also offer a real Biz class in the A320s.
The European short-haul style blocked middle seat Biz class is just insulting! XD
HarbourGent likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 10:21 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I will be thrilled to say goodbye to Thai Smile. I don’t intend to make a run at renewing TG Gold this year and will focus on maintaining my SQ Gold so will welcome lounge access on TG domestic flights where WE provided only due to my TG Gold.
BinSabai and HarbourGent like this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I noticed this weekend that the (shared) checkin system now records Star Alliance FFP numbers for WE operated flights, which has not previously been the case. It even recognised our SK status, and the membership number was duly printed on the BP (although without the *G designator)

I am hoping that this is a sign that the merger progressing
Old Jun 25, 2023, 4:54 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I noticed this weekend that the (shared) checkin system now records Star Alliance FFP numbers for WE operated flights, which has not previously been the case. It even recognised our SK status, and the membership number was duly printed on the BP (although without the *G designator)

Some of the enhancement you describe are due to WE being a *A connecting partner and have been implemented a while ago.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerby
Some of the enhancement you describe are due to WE being a *A connecting partner and have been implemented a while ago.
Not really, as that pretty much only has an impact with regards to LH Group, and on through tickets. What I describe has changed long time after the rather pointless Connecting Partner thing came into effect.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK

seems they credit now miles but still no lounge access for non TG *G?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
seems they credit now miles but still no lounge access for non TG *G?
Not sure about lounge for non-TG *G, as we were flying Plus anyway (full fare U class...). Will revert back regarding whether or not miles post to our SK accounts.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 2MM
If I try to make a booking on the Thai Smile web site, the only frequent flier program numbers that it will accept are Thai, Lufthansa, Austrian and Swiss. 😊
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
If I try to make a booking on the Thai Smile web site, the only frequent flier program numbers that it will accept are Thai, Lufthansa, Austrian and Swiss. 😊
I usually book on TG website as in the past, WE was never showing Plus availability. Checking just now, they are now. However, I guess that since they use the same version of Amadeus, that’s why the FFP number passes through from the TG side
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thai Smile provides some limited *G benefits to LH group airlines, and more benefits to TG status pax, including mileage earning:

As a Miles & More member you earn miles with eligible paid fares on all flights operated by THAI Smile. Miles earned on THAI Smile flights are also Qualifying Miles that count towards Miles & More tier status.

MILEAGE ACCRUAL WITH THAI Smile

For flights flown with THAI Smile from 25 February 2020 onwards. You will earn the same Miles & More depending on the booking class as per the chart below.

Class of Service / Booking Class / Actual Miles Flown

PREMIUM ECONOMY
U 100%

ECONOMY
Y/B/M 100%
H/Q/T/K 100%
T/K/S 75%
S/V/W 25% (International Routes)
S 25% (Domestic Routes)
https://www.thaismileair.com/en/FrequentFlyerPrograms

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jun 27, 2023 at 2:39 pm Reason: refined text to make it clear WE provided only limited *G benefits to LH group
Old Jun 27, 2023, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Thai Smile provided *G benefits to TG, and LH group airlines, including mileage earning:

https://www.thaismileair.com/en/FrequentFlyerPrograms
but lounge only for TG G/P and LH G on a connecting flight
Thai-Kiwi and SKT-DK like this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
but lounge only for TG G/P and LH G on a connecting flight
Good point! My post about refined to say ‘…provide some limited *G benefits to LH Group…’
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From social media:

Dear passengers, from 1 July 2023, the check-in of Thai Airways and Thai Smile flights at Suvarnabhumi Airport will be changes as follows:

🌍International routes Joint check-in at Row H and J, according to passenger category as follows:

▪️ROP Gold & Star Alliance Gold (Gold card member), Economy Plus class, Smile Plus class and WE Prestige (Premium Economy Class passengers) check in at Row H1-H5

▪️Economy class and Smile class check in at Row H6-H16

▪️Stand by & Staff ticket (non-reserved passenger & staff ticket) check-in at H18-19

▪️Passengers with Reduced Mobility, Infant and Senior Citizens (special passengers) check in at A18-A19 for ease of using the Fast Track service.

▪️No baggage Passenger check-in at H17

▪️Self Bag Drop, Load Baggage with Automatic Machine at J1-J4

▪️Kiosk-Internet-Mobile (Automatic Check-in, Internet or Mobile Check-in) Check-in at J5-J19

🇹🇭For domestic flights (Thai Smile, domestic routes) will check in at Row B

#ThaiAirways #SmoothAsSilk #Checkin #THAISmile #tg #IFlyTHAI
restlessinRNO and BinSabai like this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 6:50 am

As of today 4 of the former WE A320 planes are now flying under TG name. They are all being used exclusively on flights to/from India and South Asia routes on all economy configuration. Some of the aircraft down times will be used to fly either between BKK - CNX/HKT flying under TG name starting August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.