Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent experience in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Global Services, 2million miler
Flying FRA-BKK-SIN next week - 777ER. Any expectations on service/transfer issues?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jraia
Flying FRA-BKK-SIN next week - 777ER. Any expectations on service/transfer issues?
Welcome to FT with your first post.

Query is too vague - what specific information are you seeking that you haven’t found on the web?
royng likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
BKK-DPS in J on Wednesday. Four course meal - starter, main, cheese course, and dessert. The penang prawns were tasty. Service was fine, not as attentive as recent flights on SQ, but fine. 350 cabin is already pretty beat-up. TG picked the cheapest possible interior finishes for this aircraft, and it's showing.

Had seen mention of no more dedicated fast track security for TG at BKK, but it was open and operating when we went through. Just like old times - they confiscated my sunscreen because it was 13 ml over the limit.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
BKK-DPS in J on Wednesday. Four course meal - starter, main, cheese course, and dessert. The penang prawns were tasty. Service was fine, not as attentive as recent flights on SQ, but fine. 350 cabin is already pretty beat-up. TG picked the cheapest possible interior finishes for this aircraft, and it's showing.

Had seen mention of no more dedicated fast track security for TG at BKK, but it was open and operating when we went through. Just like old times - they confiscated my sunscreen because it was 13 ml over the limit.
Yea the interiors of the fleet are not great - I cannot help but think that it has to do with the more than the materials of the cabin some times. In general, people do not treat anything with respect these days.

Was it the dedicated TG fast track or the AOT one? - I did not think the TG one on arrival existed anymore, just like the departures one is no more either.

They confiscated liquids? I always found that BKK security did not really bother about sealed plastic bags and all that for toiletries and the likes
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Was it the dedicated TG fast track or the AOT one? - I did not think the TG one on arrival existed anymore, just like the departures one is no more either.
This was outbound, dedicated TG security right past check-in.

Inbound from SIN on SQ earlier in the week, the old dedicated fast track arrival line to the right past the Visa on Arrival lines was shut down. Fast track now located just to the left of the main farang immigration lines. I didn't see whether there was a separate fast track area for TG pax.

They confiscated liquids? I always found that BKK security did not really bother about sealed plastic bags and all that for toiletries and the likes
Not my experience at all. As bad as FRA IME.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
This was outbound, dedicated TG security right past check-in.

Inbound from SIN on SQ earlier in the week, the old dedicated fast track arrival line to the right past the Visa on Arrival lines was shut down. Fast track now located just to the left of the main farang immigration lines. I didn't see whether there was a separate fast track area for TG pax.

Not my experience at all. As bad as FRA IME.
Interesting - seems like things are changing by the week then.

Few weeks ago, I was on TG J but the old outbound TG fast track security had been converted to AOT, as had the inbound. The inbound immigration closest to A/B/C piers has AOT fast track to the right past the Thai passport desks.

Reg. security I have never had an issue with liquids, but I did get into a heated yes/no discussion with a useless security person who insisted I had a power bank in my bag (I don’t even own one!)… Challenged on where this magical device was, he had to decide between two things he identified: a paper notebook and my Jabra conf call speaker after searching everything else in my bag… I said show me where is this magical thing that doesn’t exist is - eventually, after too many re-scans to count he relented
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Flew last week with TG from BKK to Europe at late evening, my first long haul on TG since Covid
check in and security in BKK: no queue at all, smooth and fast
TG Prestige lounge was quite full; but as I am still Platinum, I could use the large F area behind the bar, with not more than half a dozen passengers... (and showers)
on board (business class was pretty full), service was very good and attentive
got a champagne as PDB (FA came to us to asknalready during boarding, what we would like, probably due to my status), but some other passengers who asked got champagne too
food: amuse bouche, starter, cheese and dessert was good, main (beef) terrible; breakfast so so
IFE: broad choice of movies, but not really newer ones
no newspapers, no magazines at all, also not online
wifi on board (777300ER)
wine was good but only ONE choice each for white (italian) and red (a rather good Bordeaux)
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:45 am

Few weeks ago, I was on TG J but the old outbound TG fast track security had been converted to AOT, as had the inbound. The inbound immigration closest to A/B/C piers has AOT fast track to the right past the Thai passport desks.
Flew in from DPS on TG this evening, arrived at C Concourse. No fast track at immigration checkpoint 1 closest to C, would have had to walk an additional 150 meters, so I used regular immigration (first time ever). Don't know if it was just a bad night, but they were much slower processing the pax than I'm used to at fast track - took about ten minutes with only 2 pax ahead of me.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:34 am

Flew in from DPS on TG this evening, arrived at C Concourse. No fast track at immigration checkpoint 1 closest to C, would have had to walk an additional 150 meters, so I used regular immigration (first time ever). Don't know if it was just a bad night, but they were much slower processing the pax than I'm used to at fast track - took about ten minutes with only 2 pax ahead of me.
Are you sure it wasn’t there or it was just staff turning you away? - I only found out after the refurbishment by insisting with staff, because you have to cross the tensa barrier for Thai passports to get to it, but was for sure existing at the far right side when coming up the first path to immigration from C.

After finding out the first time, surely they wanted to turn me away but I insisted and kept walking which did the trick.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:05 pm

Are you sure it wasn’t there or it was just staff turning you away? - I only found out after the refurbishment by insisting with staff, because you have to cross the tensa barrier for Thai passports to get to it, but was for sure existing at the far right side when coming up the first path to immigration from C.

After finding out the first time, surely they wanted to turn me away but I insisted and kept walking which did the trick.
Not sure. I asked staff and they said I had to go to next checkpoint down. There were no evident fast track signs.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
On 25 Sep we caught TG961 (ARN-BKK) and TG475 (BKK-SYD) in business. Flights full. Several hot towels. No champagne as pre departure drink in ARN but was available in BKK.

No masks required but FAs all wore masks.

No menus. Meals pretty good - to old standards. Service was pretty good but inconsistent - maybe training some new staff?

At BKK the transit process took a long time. We had 2 hours 15 mins and just made it with a 5 min visit to the lounge which looked pretty empty. Showers in Business Class Prestige Lounge still not open. (Royal Spa not open due to "renovations".)

BKK-SYD crew were particularly confused, missing a few meal orders and having to retake several.

B777 (BKK-SYD) IFE seems to be a long way behind A350 (ARN-BKK) IFE. A350 had a good selection of movies I wanted to watch on the second leg but they weren't available.

The biggest issue was the second meal service on BKK-SYD. They started less than 2 hours before landing and attempted a full 5 course meal and drinks. It wasn't possible and passengers and FAs were equally rushed. For a daytime flight (for European, Asian and Australian body clocks) it would have been very possible to do a 2 1/2 or 3 hour meal service to end the flight in a very pleasant manner.

Various meal offerings - sorry about the rotated photos. The mostly finished meal with the bottle of water reminds me that 40 mins before landing in Sydney they were still serving food and bottles of water.

Last edited by sydunipete; Oct 1, 2022 at 1:34 am
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by sydunipete
At BKK the transit process took a long time. We had 2 hours 15 mins and just made it with a 5 min visit to the lounge which looked pretty empty. Toilets in Business Class Prestige Lounge still not open. (Royal Spa not open due to "renovations".)
Thank you very much for the good report.
I wonder what happened in the remaining 2 hours of the transit that took so long.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Thank you very much for the good report.
I wonder what happened in the remaining 2 hours of the transit that took so long.
A bit of walking but mostly in the queue for security.
LoungeLizzard likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by sydunipete
BKK-SYD crew were particularly confused, missing a few meal orders and having to retake several.
Our crew on BKK-DPS were excellent - efficient and courteous. The crew on the return was awful. Very young, appeared to have minimal training, but lots of attitude. Rather than serving both aisles simultaneously, they went up one, looped in the rear galley, and came back down the other. Took forever. It was as if they'd never done a meal service before. The two young male FAs spent most of their time chatting very loudly in the front galley. I had to ask them to pipe down.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
A recent TG J flight report here: https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/10/19/...t/?omhide=true

An extract of the report below - frozen appetiser sounds very grim!! Of course, this is just another perspective.

“Thai Airways has finally reached the bottom of the barrel as far as onboard catering is concerned. What was served to Business Class passengers on Tokyo-Bangkok last week was absolutely disgusting and wouldn’t even see the light of day in many airlines’ Economy Class cabins.

The airline is apparently trying way too hard to conserve costs, but cost-cutting has limits, and it’s simply insane to free salads, let alone serve it frozen to passengers. TWICE!

I feel sorry for the very engaged crews on these flights. Contrary to the food, I feel that crew quality and engagement have gotten a lot better since the Thai Airways reorganization. No doubt a result of the carrier having let go a lot of the senior (old) staff, respectively bought them out.”
restlessinRNO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.