Wiki Posts
Search

Recent experience in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:35 pm
HAF
Original Poster

Recent experience in Business Class

Does anyone have a recent experience on business class? Is service back to full service or still reduced due to covid? Are printed menus back? multi-course meals? spa lounge? And if not any indication when Thai might start offering a premium business class experience again? - if ever?

--HAF
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I flew SIN-BKK-ARN about 3 weeks back in business. Showers not open in lounge, spa not open (I believe), no hot towels, no champagne welcome drink, no printed menus (just a selection of two meals which were the same as the options available on the web pre-flight). Like most airlines - lots of cost cutting in the name of covid.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: BRK-B
Crowded lounge, no spa (TG claimed that it has return Royal Orchid Spa space back to AOT), broken J seat, limited meal choice,...
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: TG
Everything's cut back. LHR-BKK and BKK-LHR in April, I'm sure I got champagne on boarding, but after that alcohol only available during the main meal. In December it was only with the meal and I got the impression it was related to domestic restrictions on alcohol sales, maybe just an excuse.

At lounge reception in BKK I asked if the Royal Orchid Spa would re-open soon and they said they hoped so. Who knows...

I've booked with Lufthansa next time, will take longer, but want to see if it's any better.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
sounds really disappointing! alcohol only during meals in cattle is understandable but not in business!
I was departing on another carrier from BKK last month and there were also no alcoholic PDB...they claimed that they are now prohibited to serve alcohol on ground...well....
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BinSabai
sounds really disappointing! alcohol only during meals in cattle is understandable but not in business!
This is not acceptable in both economy and business, in my opinion. Certainly this is not the case flying NH. 😊
SheldonB14 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I was departing on another carrier from BKK last month and there were also no alcoholic PDB...they claimed that they are now prohibited to serve alcohol on ground...well....
That’s airline speak for ‘we are too cheap to pay local duty on alcohol served on the ground’
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
That’s airline speak for ‘we are too cheap to pay local duty on alcohol served on the ground’
TG had this ‘problem’ of no PDB leaving SIN…
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Do they still give out a free wifi card on the planes with wifi?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: TG
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Do they still give out a free wifi card on the planes with wifi?
Not in November or March. In March I got a free sim card to use on arrival, preloaded with some credit. Didn't use as I have an AIS sim which I keep topped up.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:21 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I looked at TG for a handful of international J flights. I intentionally avoided them as I was sure the above would be the case.
I booked EY & SQ & I don't regret it one bit. The TG/Thai authorities don't get it at all.
They are obsessed with the idea that restrictions on alcohol is a panacea of some sort. Sigh
andyptrav likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
I looked at TG for a handful of international J flights. I intentionally avoided them as I was sure the above would be the case.
I booked EY & SQ & I don't regret it one bit. The TG/Thai authorities don't get it at all.
They are obsessed with the idea that restrictions on alcohol is a panacea of some sort. Sigh
Frankly, I think this is just some miserable (and ineffectual) 'penny pinching' ...
NoY and andyptrav like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:39 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Frankly, I think this is just some miserable (and ineffectual) 'penny pinching' ...
Yes I do agree but also as a resident of (& big fan of) Thailand I can tell you that there we experience utterly nonsensical restrictions on alcohol sales. Examples;

1. No alcohol permitted on Thailand domestic flights;
2. Cannot purchase alcohol in any supermarkets between 2Pm & 5pm;
3. Cannot purchase alcohol during national/local election voting periods;
4. Various alcohol bans on certain public holidays throughout the year;
5. Restricted hours for sale of alcohol during Covid Pandemic including alcohol curfews;
restlessinRNO and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by NoY
Yes I do agree but also as a resident of (& big fan of) Thailand I can tell you that there we experience utterly nonsensical restrictions on alcohol sales. Examples;

5. Restricted hours for sale of alcohol during Covid Pandemic including alcohol curfews;
There are also very high taxes on alcohol (wine) in Thailand. 😳
NoY likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoY

Not to forget the (admittedly less critical) midnight to 11am for point #2 as well..
And a 6th point for "whenever someone thinks it is a brilliant idea to impose an ad-hoc ban)
restlessinRNO and NoY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.