Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent experience in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:46 am
soy

Programs: various
Getting the thread back on track, just flew FRA-BKK and everything is back except the printed menus (bizarre how they think this policy could help reduce covid).
Very nice flight, though boarding at FRA was a complete zoo. I decided to return to the quite pleasant AC lounge until the madness had subsided
HAF likes this.

Last edited by soy; Aug 14, 2022 at 5:01 pm
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
So, reporting live from the so-called TG Prestige lounge. It is pretty much a zoo, as was J class checkin - queue stretching all the way to door 1! I decided to do a quick mobile checkin and proceed with mobile BP - otherwise I would probably be standing there still.

Fast Track full of Y class pax, and lounge has screaming babies and not that great food… Sigh…
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
So, reporting live from the so-called TG Prestige lounge. It is pretty much a zoo, as was J class checkin - queue stretching all the way to door 1! I decided to do a quick mobile checkin and proceed with mobile BP - otherwise I would probably be standing there still.

Fast Track full of Y class pax, and lounge has screaming babies and not that great food… Sigh…
Wow, how hard is it to offer great food in Thailand?

Hopefully post reorganization/covid growing pains.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ghoulish
Wow, how hard is it to offer great food in Thailand?

Hopefully post reorganization/covid growing pains.
The beef massaman tastes of just about the same as the plain rice it comes with…
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK

so what time did you check in? I had never any waiting time at the J ckeckin in BKK precovid. And did they not refuse the Y class passenger to use fast track? actually in the past TG had its own outbound fast track and all other airline had another one in the middle of the terminal...but now everybody is using the one on the far left...
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
so what time did you check in? I had never any waiting time at the J ckeckin in BKK precovid. And did they not refuse the Y class passenger to use fast track? actually in the past TG had its own outbound fast track and all other airline had another one in the middle of the terminal...but now everybody is using the one on the far left...
Think it was around 10pm. And no they did not, since it is AOT fast track which caters for loads of exceptions to F and J The TG fast track is long gone, in favour of AOT which has taken over the space
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:22 am
kkl

The special TG only F/J fast track is gone?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Since March 2022. Refer to video on SVB FB page 15 March 2022.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:05 am

LHR-BKK last week. Punctual departure and arrival. Pre departure drinks either water or juice, glasses placed on the usual circular white paper coasters. All drinks for the rest of the flight were placed on brown Thai Smile napkins carefully placed with the Thai Smile logo facing down!

Charming crew were valiantly doing their best but were rather let down by having to explain the meal choices using a phone screen and by the limited choice of wines (only one white I believe). Main courses seemed to be of a lesser standard to pre-covid, especially breakfast, and the inflight screens had quite a few "unavailable" pages, so all is not quite back to normal yet.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by 11277m
LHR-BKK last week. Punctual departure and arrival. Pre departure drinks either water or juice, glasses placed on the usual circular white paper coasters. All drinks for the rest of the flight were placed on brown Thai Smile napkins carefully placed with the Thai Smile logo facing down!
Oh yes I forgot about the Thai Smile napkins! They did puzzle me a bit. On my flight last week they did not bother putting them ‘face’ down though.

Will see how the return flight turns out in a few days.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:34 am

Thai Smile napkins are still out in full force But I do like the consistent Royal Silk branding for the rest of the tableware, and the crew made a point of ensuring that the logo was facing the pax when serving both plates and glasses.

Yesterday’s flight was surprisingly good, food decent enough and staff very genuine and caring. Still no printed menus though and presented with the food options off of the crew’s cooking instructions - something they were clearly ashamed of. The prawn red curry was pretty decent though.

Sadly only juice and water as pre-departure drinks on the ground (as opposed to outbound from BKK where champagne was served).

Arrived at one of the far C gates this morning but made it from touchdown to AOT car (not pre-booked) in 20 mins!

All in all, quite a good experience.
Thai-Kiwi and BinSabai like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA GS
flew DPS-BKK in business yesterday. Seat was fine, service was good. Food edible but nothing amazing. Main complaint is I was served “champagne” which I instantly recognized it was not. They hid the bottle up in the galley and I confirmed it was Prosecco. No menus. Flying first BKK-NRT today. Hope that goes better.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DRC1985
flew DPS-BKK in business yesterday. Seat was fine, service was good. Food edible but nothing amazing. Main complaint is I was served “champagne” which I instantly recognized it was not. They hid the bottle up in the galley and I confirmed it was Prosecco. No menus. Flying first BKK-NRT today. Hope that goes better.
Let’s hope this was a one-off. Keep the reports coming!
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DRC1985
First on the new 777-300ER?
could you make a short review?
still Dom Perignon (instead of Prosecco haha) and Rimowa accessories? no menu in First?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 7:43 pm
HAF
Original Poster

We flew MUC-BKK-DPS yesterday. Overall decent experience. Attentive and very polite cabin service. Food and drinks were ok. Some items were great - e.g. appetizer, prawn red curry, cheese course; while others were not so - e.g. seared salmon was way overcooked and fishy.

The A359 seats look very tired, scratched, dirty and not very functional. There is not enough storage anywhere around the seat, and the USB ports below the monitor are badly designed because there is simply nowhere to actually place a device on while charging, unless you have cords going all over the place. Also since we just got off the UA flight SFO-MUC - the Polaris seat provides way more functionality and privacy compared to the Thai seats. There was a turn down service from MUC-BKK, however it was inconsistently offered, e.g. I got my seat turned into a bed, and when I asked if i can have double mattress, the flight attendant had no issues and politely did so. My spouse though was never offered turn down service and did his own.

Interestingly enough the person seating behind me spoke Thai - or might have been someone the crew knew - and he got a LOT more attention, proactive refills, much better service etc than I did. But I do not want to complain because whenever I asked for anything or used the flight attendant button, I got what I needed quickly and very politely.

Same issue with the Proseco as described above on the BKK-DPS sector, and I am ok with Proseco but it would have been great for the crew to say so. We were served Veuve Clicquot i believe from MUC to BKK. Also when i switched to a white wine from BKK to DPS when I realized they were serving proseco , it was also undrinkable and sent it back.

No menus still - and fairly hard to understand what the options are - although the purser tried really hard and was actually showing passengers her notes to help them.

Lots of warm towel rounds though - at least 5 during the MUC to BKK segment - which is nice.

I did not visit the Thai lounge at BKK - we went to EVAs lounge which was a true oasis at the early morning hours.

Overall I would say not a bad experience at all - but not great either. Let's see how the return would be in two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.