Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG Business Class Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The SAS tip worked for me too, using the TG PNR, not the UA PNR. Thank you! It's cute how the SAS seat mapper shows my initials in my assigned seat.

As mentioned by Martina, TG's website will not allow adding a MR/MS/MRS salutation, even though it's required as part of "Update Contact Information" before the Services button can be enabled. It's probably required because TG tech considers the salutation as part of the passenger's official name, which of course cannot be changed online.

Calling TG to add Mr. to my record was frustrating. The agent said she'd have to ask her supervisor, and the supervisor said it could not be done. They told me to contact UA. I told them UA would think I was an idiot if I called them about that since UA already knows I'm a Mr. I told her if I'm having this problem, probably hundreds of others are as well. I asked if they had a technical support phone number and she looked for it and then said no.

I told the agent never mind trying to add Mr. to my record, but could she please change my seat assignment. It took her 15 minutes to do it as she had to ask her supervisor first (she wasn't sure if she was allowed to change my seat assignment even though I told her I had done it 25x before by calling), and then she didn't know how to change my seat assignment?! I could hear her clicking in the background and talking to herself and maybe reading an instruction manual. She said she had to delete my original seat assignment first (which made me very nervous).

She was a new agent, and so to make her feel like she actually knew something, I asked "so the Thai ticket office on Silom is no longer there?" She said yes, it closed. 39 minutes (as shown by Skype) of my life I cannot get back for something that should have taken 2 minutes. Thanks for the memories.
Assimilated Cajun and EZjace like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
My recent booking (had to be through CWT as corporate TA) was showing all sorts of red flashing lights, incl wrong salutation, contact details and what not - as well as my name being wrong (my middle name twice, once as part as first name and once as middle name).. I spoke to both CWT and TG, and both said all was fine, which it indeed was in the end. So I do not think you need to do anything..
sureel likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by United747
The SAS website seemed to work for me.
Thanks for this tip! I had exactly the same problem with a UA Award ticket not populating the Title field, and Thai site not allowing any update. Was able to assign seats via SAS, and sent a seperate email to Thai reservations in US to fix the gaps on my contact info.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I also had the Must Enter Title/May Not Enter Title problem. After waiting on hold with the TG Bangkok contact center for about 30 minutes -- after the first 15 minutes, and after making many uninformative announcements, they suddenly gave a special Business Class number, which I called only to find I was back in the exact same queue as before -- I tried the Lufthansa and ANA websites to see if I could change a Thai/United reservation on their sites, to no avail. Almost certainly would not have gotten around to trying SAS, so thanks so much for the tip. It worked like a charm, I was able to change my Business Class seat assignment. But I was not able to order a vegetarian meal, so I'll have to find the TG customer service email address for that. Thanks again.
kevino likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
I also had the Must Enter Title/May Not Enter Title problem. After waiting on hold with the TG Bangkok contact center for about 30 minutes -- after the first 15 minutes, and after making many uninformative announcements, they suddenly gave a special Business Class number, which I called only to find I was back in the exact same queue as before -- I tried the Lufthansa and ANA websites to see if I could change a Thai/United reservation on their sites, to no avail. Almost certainly would not have gotten around to trying SAS, so thanks so much for the tip. It worked like a charm, I was able to change my Business Class seat assignment. But I was not able to order a vegetarian meal, so I'll have to find the TG customer service email address for that. Thanks again.
order a vegetarian meal you can do online on manage - my booking
Old May 25, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Glad to hear that the SAS tip worked! I am surprised that the J/F phone line was not of better help, as they have always been stellar to me. Maybe you were unlucky on this occasion.

As BinSabai mentioned, you should be able to order special meals through manage my booking on the TG website, regardless of the other hiccups. At least I have had that functionality available online while experiencing the remaining difficulties.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 12:22 am

I have FRA-BKK-BOM and weirdly the seat map for FRA-BKK is not available on TG/SAS, but BKK-BOM is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.