Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG Business Class Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
TG Business Class Seat Selection

I just booked an award travel using my UA miles for a joint TG-UA flight in June. We're flying BKK-FRA-IAD. The reservation is ticketed but I can't seem to change the seats that were pre-assigned to me at booking. Is there some other way, other than "manage booking" to change seats? I always seem to have this problem with TG
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mh3265a
I just booked an award travel using my UA miles for a joint TG-UA flight in June. We're flying BKK-FRA-IAD. The reservation is ticketed but I can't seem to change the seats that were pre-assigned to me at booking. Is there some other way, other than "manage booking" to change seats? I always seem to have this problem with TG
If you have the TG booking reference, then the following should work for the TG flights:

-go to TG’s home page
-retrieve the booking using TG’s Manage Booking
-scroll down the page until ‘Services’
-select the ‘bell icon’ for ‘Additional Services’
-select ‘Seating’
- make you seat selections
-save as you - otherwise the changes won’t stick
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: UA
To tag on to this, any suggestions about what to do if Manage My Booking doesn't work?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
If you have the TG booking reference, then the following should work for the TG flights:

-go to TG’s home page
-retrieve the booking using TG’s Manage Booking
-scroll down the page until ‘Services’
-select the ‘bell icon’ for ‘Additional Services’
-select ‘Seating’
- make you seat selections
-save as you - otherwise the changes won’t stick

Here is what I see when it comes to managing my reservation and choosing a seat. I don't see the option to change
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:22 pm
kuj

Programs: UA1MM
Also try a different browser. I just booked a similar award and could not get into Manage My Bookings using Brave/Chrome, but managed to make seat reservations in Safari. I did use the Thai record locator/reservation number in both browsers.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Flying Blue Silver, UA Mileage Plus
Did you figure out a solution for this? Having the same issue. UA issued award ticket on TG in Business.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:39 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Send an email to your local (or indeed any) TG office and ask them to allocate whatever seats you want. I've done this many times with the SYD TG office and they usually do it within 24 hours. Quick, easy and efficient - believe it or not.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I am seeing
Your updated "CONTACT INFORMATION" is required before adding any service(s). Please click "Modify traveller details" below to process
However I can't find how to add contact information after click Modify traveller details..
kellejil likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:01 am

Dealing with the same issue- emailed Thai Airways US office and going to call their 1800#
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by gokeeper
I am seeing
Your updated "CONTACT INFORMATION" is required before adding any service(s). Please click "Modify traveller details" below to process
However I can't find how to add contact information after click Modify traveller details..
I was seeing that when I tried to do things online, but it worked fine when I add seats in the app.

Last edited by angetenar; Apr 19, 2022 at 9:02 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kuj
Also try a different browser. I just booked a similar award and could not get into Manage My Bookings using Brave/Chrome, but managed to make seat reservations in Safari. I did use the Thai record locator/reservation number in both browsers.
Good idea. Tried with Firefox but had a similar issue.

Originally Posted by gokeeper
I am seeing
Have the same challenge. And my contact info should have populated over from the UA reservation which it did, in part. Just weird technical issues.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by angetenar
I was seeing that when I tried to do things online, but it worked fine when I add seats in the app.
Thanks! I am able to 'add service' from 'my trips' after add the trip to the app.
kellejil likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:23 am

That worked for me as well! But was not able to update "contact information"
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, OZ Gold
Thank you angetenar. I was also able to choose my seats in the app, but no chance to update contact info.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angetenar
That worked for me too! Thanks for the tip!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.