Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-flight PCR test?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
Pre-flight PCR test?

I'm going to be flying direct from BKK to LHR next week so do I need a pre-flight PCR test for flying with TG?
I know that UK government no longer requires passengers to be tested so it's down to the airline's own requirements.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson
I'm going to be flying direct from BKK to LHR next week so do I need a pre-flight PCR test for flying with TG?
I know that UK government no longer requires passengers to be tested so it's down to the airline's own requirements.
There was never any requirement for pre-flight test outbound unless the destination country required it, as far as I know.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:28 am
Original Poster

My question wasn't specific enough as what I really wanted to know is do Thai Airways want a neg pre-flight PCR result before flying with them.
I'm going to the UK so no tests are required on that end.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Miles & More, Flying blue
No longer required starting today.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-t...l-restrictions
Fliar likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks Tim but still does not answer my question.
Does the airline (TG in this instance) still want a pre-flight PCR test done before flying?
The governments all over the globe are dropping restrictions but the airlines also have say in the matter.
Some airline still demand that test are done in order to board despite what the government restrictions or lack of are.
BTW that link is not official but a private business selling hotels, insurances etc despite using thaiembassy.com as it's title.

Last edited by Nightbus to Dalson; Apr 1, 2022 at 11:41 am
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Does the airline (TG in this instance) still want a pre-flight PCR test done before flying?
The governments all over the globe are dropping restrictions but the airlines also have say in the matter.
Some airline still demand that test are done in order to board despite what the government restrictions or lack of are.
BTW that link is not official but a private business selling hotels, insurances etc despite using thaiembassy.com as it's title.
To my knowledge they do not, but you could call them to verify?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
My question wasn't specific enough as what I really wanted to know is do Thai Airways want a neg pre-flight PCR result before flying with them.
I'm going to the UK so no tests are required on that end.
no they don't
TG is strictly following the requirements of the country where your destination is
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
No test needed.

Would you mind sharing which airline currently require a pre-departure test when it is not required by government rules???
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
To my knowledge they do not, but you could call them to verify?
I've tried.
No answer on the 24hr hotline & the 2 numbers listed on the official airport website no longer work.
I've emailed but got no reply.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I've tried.
No answer on the 24hr hotline & the 2 numbers listed on the official airport website no longer work.
I've emailed but got no reply.
I twice called TG’s Bangkok reservations (the 24hr hotline) from NZ in the past week, and got through with no issues (+66 2 356 1111).
Nightbus to Dalson likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
Would you mind sharing which airline currently require a pre-departure test when it is not required by government rules???
not sure, whether still the case as nobody can follow all the very frequent changes in rules: but Singapore, Qatar and KLM were known for a long time through the pandemic, that they had more strict rules than what the destination required
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
not sure, whether still the case as nobody can follow all the very frequent changes in rules: but Singapore, Qatar and KLM were known for a long time through the pandemic, that they had more strict rules than what the destination required
I agree, but that was a while ago.
I doubt that any international airline requires it now. Certainly no major international airline. as you said, a burst of a bad variant could change it.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.