Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access Thai Smile

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:57 pm

Flying Thai metal with WE flight number (just one domestic sector), am i correct that * G will be useless?

I will need more than 20kg bagage allowance. Looks like booking THAI flight number will get me more weight and also lounge access?

Thank you

Last edited by Fishy; Dec 4, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fishy
Flying Thai metal with WE flight number (just one domestic sector), am i correct that * G will be useless?

I will need more than 20kg bagage allowance. Looks like booking THAI flight number will get me more weight and also lounge access?

Thank you
*G will not give you anything on WE operated flights, neither booked under WE nor TG flight number. It is possible that TG fare rules will carry higher baggage allow range, but I am not really sure if Economy fares.

An option could be to fly Smile Plus?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Yes, but I don't think that applies to lounge access. Just priority boarding and seating, etc.
Since when? I did it once with Juneyao and it included lounge access. Additionally, according to their website,
  1. In addition to Silver card holder privileges*, Star Alliance Gold Card holders connecting between THAI Smile and Austrian, Lufthansa, SWISS or THAI Airways under a single booking may enjoy:
    • Priority Airport Check-in
    • Extra Baggage Allowance
    • Gold Track Security and Immigration
    • Airport Lounge Access
    • Priority Boarding
    • Priority Baggage Handling
So I don't see why you would think you wouldn't get lounge access on an eligible itinerary.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
*G will not give you anything on WE operated flights, neither booked under WE nor TG flight number. It is possible that TG fare rules will carry higher baggage allow range, but I am not really sure if Economy fares.

An option could be to fly Smile Plus?
I have a Smile Plus ticket now and would like to change to TG operated flight (better time). I can change for free but it will be a WE flight number (WE5477).

I'm not sure if *G will work on TG operated flight but with WE flight number. Alternatively, I can pay 500thb to cancel and book this TG flight (TG477) on THAI site.

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:40 pm

Will Thai Smile interline my baggage onto a Thai Airways flight (on a separate ticket)?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Not sure this works...

Originally Posted by Fishy
I have a Smile Plus ticket now and would like to change to TG operated flight (better time). I can change for free but it will be a WE flight number (WE5477).

I'm not sure if *G will work on TG operated flight but with WE flight number. Alternatively, I can pay 500thb to cancel and book this TG flight (TG477) on THAI site.

Thanks
Currently sitting on board a Thai Smile flight BKK-CEI. We booked via TG. My *G got us extra luggage allowance and priority boarding but no lounge access. I don't think TG operate any domestic routes, and TG477 *IS* WE5477.

Smile Plus will get you all of the above AND lounge access so I wouldn't lose sleep trying to change to TG ticketing.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by frb98mf
Currently sitting on board a Thai Smile flight BKK-CEI. We booked via TG. My *G got us extra luggage allowance and priority boarding but no lounge access. I don't think TG operate any domestic routes, and TG477 *IS* WE5477.

Smile Plus will get you all of the above AND lounge access so I wouldn't lose sleep trying to change to TG ticketing.
Thank you. I could have booked CEI-BKK via TG (Plus not available) but it's okay as 6 bottles of wine will be gone by then and will not need any extra weight . I have seen a few TG operated flights for BKK-HKT. TG477 is BKK-HKT-SYD.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: BRK-B
Just to let you know that there are some domestic airports like KBV, that don't have lounge. They only hand out coffee shops vouchers to Smile Plus only, not even TG*G, this is UNACCEPTABLE.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Just to let you know that there are some domestic airports like KBV, that don't have lounge. They only hand out coffee shops vouchers to Smile Plus only, not even TG*G, this is UNACCEPTABLE.
Is this a joke??
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by tr3k
Will Thai Smile interline my baggage onto a Thai Airways flight (on a separate ticket)?
Possibly, but they have no obligation to do so. Smile and be nice
tr3k likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:15 am

Ok, to answer this question:
1. At Krabi we got the meanest nastiest agent I've seen in a long time - she was so mean she'd probably fit right in at United.
2. Either way, no checking bags through (turned out we have a friend who works for Thai Smile, but they couldn't do anything)

So, sounds like a "no"
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:43 am

Hi, trying to follow this thread. So am I right in thinking that booking Premium Economy (Thai Smile Plus?) from HKT to BKK will get me lounge access at HKT?
I'll probably still have a Priority Pass, but that thing seems to get rejected more often than it is accepted, hence wanting to check about lounge access with Thai Smile PE ticket.
Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Aston100
Hi, trying to follow this thread. So am I right in thinking that booking Premium Economy (Thai Smile Plus?) from HKT to BKK will get me lounge access at HKT?
I'll probably still have a Priority Pass, but that thing seems to get rejected more often than it is accepted, hence wanting to check about lounge access with Thai Smile PE ticket.
Thanks.
Yes, a Smile Plus ticket will give you lounge access
Aston100 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
I fly SGN-BKK-FRA with WE and TG first leg in Y and longhaul in C. Since SGN-BKK is only served by WE will they give lounge access bcs of the longhaul in C?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Is this a joke??
Am I a joke to you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.