Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 operating as two class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I suspect the key contraints on getting a free F seat in this circumstance are :

a. how many have been sold using the new ‘Preferred Seating’ system, and
b. how many Thai Govt/Military officials (or their families), as they don’t pay for preferred seating.

The condition used to make this Thai government/public servant benefit explicit, but the language has softened. I note also that bassinets are now preferred seats - which is a surprise as they are usually complementary on most carriers?
So you are ignoring important points that I and others know happen. In the last 3 months have flown on the A380 to Tokyo 3 times. Last flight just before Xmas was upgraded with my wife to FC. FC was full and nobody paid for FC - 2 people were reasonably well known to my wife. BC almost full. Other 2 flights FC was full; BC where I was sitting not full and according to cabin crew I suspect people in FC did not pay to sit there. One of the families on one of the flights were familiar to me. Same thing has happened on flights to Sapporo, return from Tokyo in last few months. As a long term resident of Thailand I accept it.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by maerim
So you are ignoring important points that I and others know happen. In the last 3 months have flown on the A380 to Tokyo 3 times. Last flight just before Xmas was upgraded with my wife to FC. FC was full and nobody paid for FC - 2 people were reasonably well known to my wife. BC almost full. Other 2 flights FC was full; BC where I was sitting not full and according to cabin crew I suspect people in FC did not pay to sit there. One of the families on one of the flights were familiar to me. Same thing has happened on flights to Sapporo, return from Tokyo in last few months. As a long term resident of Thailand I accept it.
I am ignoring nothing - indeed we are in agreement!

Your comments/experiences complement what I just posted about: that while there has been an official implementation of Preferred Seating, there are formally some specific exceptions for some Thais.

The implementation of an official system certainly doesn’t exclude the other ‘outside of the system’ things that also happen as you alluded to. And when I lived in Thailand, I too needed to ‘adjust’ to the way things were/are.

Sorry for any confusion...

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 19, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.