Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FCO to BKK: what to expect at the airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:47 am
Original Poster

FCO to BKK: what to expect at the airport

Any recent flyers on TG945? Flying soon from FCO to BKK in J and was curious on what to expect like experience at the departure airport. I will not have checked luggage and I will already have my BP. What formalities must I go thru, any fast track for Business class? Etc...

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:02 pm

I don't remember there being a separate security line for premium cabin passengers when I flew from there last May but also don't recall waiting very long at all. FCO does have e-gates at immigration for US passport holders so that went by pretty fast as well. The PP lounge was better than the BA lounge I had access to, might be the same for *A.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:20 pm

There's fast track for security, e-gates and Casa Alitalia in T3 Pier E quite close to your departing gate
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
There is a fast track security for J passengers on the left hand side but when we used it on a very busy day in August it was probably a fair bit slower than the general lines.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Do you need a special pass from the airline to use the fast track? On the Star Alliance website, they talk about fast track but only for Schengen flights but you say it's also available for international flights?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Originally Posted by Yul67
Do you need a special pass from the airline to use the fast track? On the Star Alliance website, they talk about fast track but only for Schengen flights but you say it's also available for international flights?
I don't think you need anything, they were not checking boarding passes and letting pretty well anyone through, that's why it was slower than the regular lines. The people in front were on Y boarding passes and showed no cards. If you are in this line, be aware that they put wheelchairs, infants and 'vips" to the front through a side gate. We were about 3 back from getting through and waited for quite some time for several big families with kids and some sort of 'official" group that were pushed ahead of us. Not too bad though, only around 20 minutes wait but the regular lines were faster.
Yul67 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.