Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Rimowa Kits?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DH188
Received the same kit & PJs out of SYD this morning.
OMG!, OMB! then it was not just an accident!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Hopefully not a "cost cutting measure" or a Thai VVIP manufacturer who pulled in the contract for these Kits.
"Why pay Rimowa if you can pay me instead? They all look the same, and I can make it cheaper", might have said a connected Thai VVIP.
I do not think so!
if you google the item, you will see that it has popped up at other airlines...
TG is certainly not keen to get involved with any copycat products and Thailand is trying hard to get rid of such Reputation
Even the Deputy Prime Minister wears genuine and not fake Rolex; I heard he has quite a collection...
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:34 pm

I saw light blue Rimowa sitting in First on TG475 yesterday (Jan 1).
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
This is disappointing if it holds up. Taking my first F flights ever on TG in March.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Got light blue Rimowa on TG660 BKK-HND today (2nd Jan)

What a wonderful surprise!
Tokyoite and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kittiyut
UGLY!!!

Bring back Rimowa please!!!
+1 That kit is not good looking!!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
This is disappointing if it holds up. Taking my first F flights ever on TG in March.
TG are loading the Rimowa kits and the new steel blue colour PJs ex-BKK and the Porsche Design kits with dark blue PJs ex-Europe. Photos attached of the two sets of amenities/PJs, from my flights over the past two weeks. I rather like the new Black/Tan canvas Rimowa kit but I do NOT like the Porsche Design kit......not a patch on the Rimowa kit IMHO.

From BKK to CDG

From CDG to BKK
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
TG are loading the Rimowa kits and the new steel blue colour PJs ex-BKK and the Porsche Design kits with dark blue PJs ex-Europe. Photos attached of the two sets of amenities/PJs, from my flights over the past two weeks. I rather like the new Black/Tan canvas Rimowa kit but I do NOT like the Porsche Design kit......not a patch on the Rimowa kit IMHO.
exactly the same what I got, except a different PJ exBKK (upper picture)...was yours really "steel blue"? (I probably have to check with the doctor whether I get color blind)...mine was rather brown-beige-yellowish
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BinSabai
exactly the same what I got, except a different PJ exBKK (upper picture)...was yours really "steel blue"? (I probably have to check with the doctor whether I get color blind)...mine was rather brown-beige-yellowish
They also had the Beige suits but I have so many of them I wanted the newer "steel blue" as I had not seen that before........you are (probably) not colour blind......
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Well, if there are too may sets of PJs by those of you travelling in F, I'd be happy to receive any unwanted/unloved PJs to replace those I received on my last F flight FRA-BKK back in 2007 !!
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Well, if there are too may sets of PJs by those of you travelling in F, I'd be happy to receive any unwanted/unloved PJs to replace those I received on my last F flight FRA-BKK back in 2007 !!
I am L and my wife is M but she has not traveled with me that often so I have a wardrobe full of Ls.....PM your address and I will send you a pair. I have about five different styles of PJ, but more beige than any other colour.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I am L and my wife is M but she has not traveled with me that often so I have a wardrobe full of Ls.....PM your address and I will send you a pair. I have about five different styles of PJ, but more beige than any other colour.
Oh, I was kidding when I posted

That said, if some FlyerTalk drinks can be arranged in Bangkok late Apr or Sep this year, then I’d take you up on the kind offer over a beer/wine!! I may try and arrange.....

Cheers, TK
restlessinRNO, SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:50 pm

Thai-Kiwi
I usually give them away. My wife and myself have an upcoming F flight in March/April; so we could send you one or hand you over one in Bangkok (unfortunately we are seldom in Auckland...)
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Oh, I was kidding when I posted

That said, if some FlyerTalk drinks can be arranged in Bangkok late Apr or Sep this year, then I’d take you up on the kind offer over a beer/wine!! I may try and arrange.....

Cheers, TK
I live in Bangkok, so would certainly be on for a Flyer Talk drinks meet up. Bin Sabai and I tried to arrange a drinks meet before but it didn't work out.

I once shipped a pair of my wife's Thai F PJs to a guy in Connecticut whose wife had left hers on their flight and they both wanted to wear them for a visit to his brother's home over Christmas. DHL courier cost him about US$100 I believe.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I live in Bangkok, so would certainly be on for a Flyer Talk drinks meet up. Bin Sabai and I tried to arrange a drinks meet before but it didn't work out.
Living in BKK too, I have also been contemplating this idea - maybe it is time to try again? - I would definitely be up for meeting up for drinks some day if you guys are interested
Thaikwai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.