First Class Rimowa Kits?

Old Dec 31, 18, 7:50 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Originally Posted by DH188 View Post
Received the same kit & PJs out of SYD this morning.
OMG!, OMB! then it was not just an accident!
BinSabai is offline  
Old Dec 31, 18, 8:26 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Hopefully not a "cost cutting measure" or a Thai VVIP manufacturer who pulled in the contract for these Kits.
"Why pay Rimowa if you can pay me instead? They all look the same, and I can make it cheaper", might have said a connected Thai VVIP.
I do not think so!
if you google the item, you will see that it has popped up at other airlines...
TG is certainly not keen to get involved with any copycat products and Thailand is trying hard to get rid of such Reputation
Even the Deputy Prime Minister wears genuine and not fake Rolex; I heard he has quite a collection...
Tokyoite likes this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Jan 1, 19, 9:34 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 87
I saw light blue Rimowa sitting in First on TG475 yesterday (Jan 1).
BinSabai likes this.
Fishy is offline  
Old Jan 1, 19, 11:51 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
Posts: 714
This is disappointing if it holds up. Taking my first F flights ever on TG in March.
Taoyuan is offline  
Old Jan 2, 19, 7:52 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland OR & Bangkok
Programs: United GS, SPG & Marriott Platinum
Posts: 614
Got light blue Rimowa on TG660 BKK-HND today (2nd Jan)

What a wonderful surprise!
Tokyoite and BinSabai like this.
kittiyut is offline  
Old Jan 2, 19, 7:11 pm
  #156  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,576
Originally Posted by kittiyut View Post
UGLY!!!

Bring back Rimowa please!!!
+1 That kit is not good looking!!
Madone59 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 19, 6:19 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangkok & Dublin
Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by Taoyuan View Post
This is disappointing if it holds up. Taking my first F flights ever on TG in March.
TG are loading the Rimowa kits and the new steel blue colour PJs ex-BKK and the Porsche Design kits with dark blue PJs ex-Europe. Photos attached of the two sets of amenities/PJs, from my flights over the past two weeks. I rather like the new Black/Tan canvas Rimowa kit but I do NOT like the Porsche Design kit......not a patch on the Rimowa kit IMHO.



From BKK to CDG

From CDG to BKK
Thaikwai is offline  
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:38 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Originally Posted by Thaikwai View Post
TG are loading the Rimowa kits and the new steel blue colour PJs ex-BKK and the Porsche Design kits with dark blue PJs ex-Europe. Photos attached of the two sets of amenities/PJs, from my flights over the past two weeks. I rather like the new Black/Tan canvas Rimowa kit but I do NOT like the Porsche Design kit......not a patch on the Rimowa kit IMHO.
exactly the same what I got, except a different PJ exBKK (upper picture)...was yours really "steel blue"? (I probably have to check with the doctor whether I get color blind)...mine was rather brown-beige-yellowish
BinSabai is offline  
Old Jan 3, 19, 7:46 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangkok & Dublin
Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
exactly the same what I got, except a different PJ exBKK (upper picture)...was yours really "steel blue"? (I probably have to check with the doctor whether I get color blind)...mine was rather brown-beige-yellowish
They also had the Beige suits but I have so many of them I wanted the newer "steel blue" as I had not seen that before........you are (probably) not colour blind......
BinSabai likes this.
Thaikwai is offline  
Old Jan 3, 19, 10:22 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,718
Well, if there are too may sets of PJs by those of you travelling in F, I'd be happy to receive any unwanted/unloved PJs to replace those I received on my last F flight FRA-BKK back in 2007 !!
BinSabai likes this.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Jan 4, 19, 5:18 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangkok & Dublin
Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Well, if there are too may sets of PJs by those of you travelling in F, I'd be happy to receive any unwanted/unloved PJs to replace those I received on my last F flight FRA-BKK back in 2007 !!
I am L and my wife is M but she has not traveled with me that often so I have a wardrobe full of Ls.....PM your address and I will send you a pair. I have about five different styles of PJ, but more beige than any other colour.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Thaikwai is offline  
Old Jan 4, 19, 10:22 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,718
Originally Posted by Thaikwai View Post
I am L and my wife is M but she has not traveled with me that often so I have a wardrobe full of Ls.....PM your address and I will send you a pair. I have about five different styles of PJ, but more beige than any other colour.
Oh, I was kidding when I posted

That said, if some FlyerTalk drinks can be arranged in Bangkok late Apr or Sep this year, then I’d take you up on the kind offer over a beer/wine!! I may try and arrange.....

Cheers, TK
restlessinRNO, SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Jan 4, 19, 10:50 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Thai-Kiwi
I usually give them away. My wife and myself have an upcoming F flight in March/April; so we could send you one or hand you over one in Bangkok (unfortunately we are seldom in Auckland...)
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Jan 5, 19, 6:58 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangkok & Dublin
Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Platinum Ambassador
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Oh, I was kidding when I posted

That said, if some FlyerTalk drinks can be arranged in Bangkok late Apr or Sep this year, then Id take you up on the kind offer over a beer/wine!! I may try and arrange.....

Cheers, TK
I live in Bangkok, so would certainly be on for a Flyer Talk drinks meet up. Bin Sabai and I tried to arrange a drinks meet before but it didn't work out.

I once shipped a pair of my wife's Thai F PJs to a guy in Connecticut whose wife had left hers on their flight and they both wanted to wear them for a visit to his brother's home over Christmas. DHL courier cost him about US$100 I believe.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Thaikwai is offline  
Old Jan 6, 19, 12:32 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Posts: 1,166
Originally Posted by Thaikwai View Post
I live in Bangkok, so would certainly be on for a Flyer Talk drinks meet up. Bin Sabai and I tried to arrange a drinks meet before but it didn't work out.
Living in BKK too, I have also been contemplating this idea - maybe it is time to try again? - I would definitely be up for meeting up for drinks some day if you guys are interested
Thaikwai likes this.
SKT-DK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: